trouble with the phone

Derek

hi everyone ive been reading posts on here for a while but just signed up today. my name is Derek and I'm 22y from Ontario Canada.

anyways i got somewhat of a problem. I met a girl 2 weeks ago and we we went playing pool together and after went to her appartment and we talked for hours it was great and I realy felt confortable with her (it was my first date ever).

anyways the problem I have is that I havent seen her since then. I have a REALLY hard time using the telophone to talk to people. I managed to get her msn name and now we started talking on msn but at the end of every conversation see writes stuff like "feel free to call" or "call me sometime" man I wish I could do it but its really hard, on the phone I never know what to say and it is always awkword

I just don't know what to do, I dont want to lose my chance with her. does anyone have any tips to get mentaly prepared for a phone call I try to sike my self up every night but I just cant seem to do it.

Derek

maggie

Derek said:
hi everyone ive been reading posts on here for a while but just signed up today. my name is Derek and I'm 22y from Ontario Canada.

anyways i got somewhat of a problem. I met a girl 2 weeks ago and we we went playing pool together and after went to her appartment and we talked for hours it was great and I realy felt confortable with her (it was my first date ever).

anyways the problem I have is that I havent seen her since then. I have a REALLY hard time using the telophone to talk to people. I managed to get her msn name and now we started talking on msn but at the end of every conversation see writes stuff like "feel free to call" or "call me sometime" man I wish I could do it but its really hard, on the phone I never know what to say and it is always awkword

I just don't know what to do, I dont want to lose my chance with her. does anyone have any tips to get mentaly prepared for a phone call I try to sike my self up every night but I just cant seem to do it.

Derek
hiya Derek! .....i do the same thing....stress and worry about making a phone call to a friend of mine..or anyone for that matter :oops: ..i worry i won't have anything to say....for me, i find i am much better if i'm on the receiving end of the phone call....is there any way you can write for her to call you the first time? ..then maybe it won't be so hard after that?

SilentOutlaw

Hello fellow Ontarian Derek. I don't really have much good advice for calling people on the phone because I can't do it myself. Although you could tell yourself this: "If I don't make the effort and CALL her, I will LOSE her". Good luck with this situation.

Derek

maggie said:
Derek said:
....is there any way you can write for her to call you the first time? ..then maybe it won't be so hard after that?

well I found out today through a friend that she hasen't called me because she is also too shy, go figure. she dosent have SA or anything I dont think but she wants me too call first. so ill just have to stick it up and call her. the hardest part is really just pressing that dang send button ounce it starts ringing there is no turning back :oops: . I'm sure though that ounce we start talking everyting will go fine, I just over analyse I guess and think too much about "what if we stall and have nothing to say" kinda thing, then it would be awkword but I am sure that woulden't happen. Ill just try to keep it brief for the first time. but I still need to ask her out on an other date during that phone call so that makes it even scarier.

its gotta be done though this is too much of a good oppertunity to just pass by like that. I gotta do it their's no question about it. ill be calling her tomorow night or sunday afternoon at the latest. hopefully ill be reporting back with some good news

ps. thanks for the support guys it means a lot.

Derek

SilentOutlaw

That is very good news to hear. You are right that it is too much of an opportunity to miss out on. I missed out on opportunties in the past and still regret them, so calling her will definately be a positive step. Hope everything goes well for you and let us know how it turns out.

maggie

Derek said:
maggie said:
Derek said:
....is there any way you can write for her to call you the first time? ..then maybe it won't be so hard after that?

well I found out today through a friend that she hasen't called me because she is also too shy, go figure. she dosent have SA or anything I dont think but she wants me too call first. so ill just have to stick it up and call her. the hardest part is really just pressing that dang send button ounce it starts ringing there is no turning back :oops: . I'm sure though that ounce we start talking everyting will go fine, I just over analyse I guess and think too much about "what if we stall and have nothing to say" kinda thing, then it would be awkword but I am sure that woulden't happen. Ill just try to keep it brief for the first time. but I still need to ask her out on an other date during that phone call so that makes it even scarier.

its gotta be done though this is too much of a good oppertunity to just pass by like that. I gotta do it their's no question about it. ill be calling her tomorow night or sunday afternoon at the latest. hopefully ill be reporting back with some good news

ps. thanks for the support guys it means a lot.

Derek
good luck Derek!!!...i think the good news is...she is also shy...maybe not to the same extent, but she can relate to the anxiety you feel about phoning....and..at least you know she is interested in you...that is so cool...and yeah, you don't want this opportunity to pass....for me, the earlier in the day i do really difficult stuff..the better..so, i don't stress and overstress all day long...so..good luck man!!....you'll feel so much better after you've called...let us know how it goes :)