trouble sitting in a crowd and lifting up ur head ?

pooh

when u sit in a crowd eg a seminar, do u have trouble lifting up ur head just to look at the speaker or screen which is above ur eye level? WOndering y i am having such problem, what is the cause? It is such a straining thing for me just to lift up my head

4seasons

When im in class i have trouble looking at the teacher when he/she are talking, if i make eye contact i look away.

Champy

Banned
i just registered for this forum and this is exactly the problem i've been having these past few weeks!

at school or anywhere, i've been having a lot of trouble lifting up my head, and if i do, it will shake unless i try real hard to stop it. and my hands shake too, even if im just sitting down at my desk because i know that people and still see me. I used to not have this problem as much, it used to just be when i was standing up in front of people, but now it's when im only at my desk. It's even gotten to the point where it happens at home too, which is really sad because now it's had to talk to my family :(

Weird, the only place it doesn't happen is at the ranch where i keep my horse. i love going there! :D

So ya, whenever i'm talking infront of the class, and i look up, or even if i'm looking down, my head starts to shake and my eyes grow big. it stops though, but then it wants to do it again. i hate orals!!!!!! i have one coming up this week too. 8O

JamesMorgan

My head used to shake as did my hands and body, like some weird magnetic force was pulsating through my body. Wave after wave, quite sickening actually.

It's like an allergic reaction. Or anaphylactic shock.

We meet with a situation we really do not want to be in and our body is overwhelmed by a 'flood' of chemicals. Our mind is in a state of fear which induces this bodily reaction.

We get used to spotting this inner feeling and so we seek to avoid it. We build an inner resistance to it like a sort of safety barrier and when we face it or it gets compromised we find it hard to raise our head, if we do the alarm sounds and our body seems to punish us by giving us this shock treatment.

The substantial cause of this is born from the mind, inducing bodily reaction. Medication can help with the physical symptoms which are brought on from something arising from a particular mental state.

James

4seasons

I used to be like this, then i just said fuck it and i started looking up. Just don't look at people. It's the same thing when im walking in the hall-way in school, i started to look up while i was walking and not look at anyone or at the floor ( i used to look for people who where staring at me) and i noticed that no one even notices me, they just went about their business. I think the fact i was walking through the hall looking around, at the floor and looking so insacure; that actually drew attention to me. Eventually it felt great to be able to hold my head up and not care it also helped a little with speaking to people, i just started to at least say a thing or two in class but im still shy. My anxiety is better than it was but its still there and its all because i started to hold me head up. Sounds simple enough doesn't it?.....unfourtenitly school is over now but at least its a bit better.

rubius

High school is where it all started for me. I used to be so afraid of everyone looking at me or judging me and I could not focus. I eventually started skipping school and hiding in my car all day. Then I dropped out in grade 12. I just could not take it anymore. My grades were excellent I just couldn't take the fear anymore. Plus I had no help or support because I hid it from everyone. If anyone is going through the same thing all I can say is GET SOME HELP!! Talk to a doctor, counselor, shrink, parents, anyone just get help. Don't make the same mistakes I did. I spent my entire youth hiding and in fear and only now in my early 30's am I getting help and starting to recover. It can start off small and snowball. Don't put off getting help.

coriander1992

I know exactly what you mean.
If i sit in school assemblys, and try to lift my head, it kinda shakes a bit and twitches, and then i think "shit, the people behind me are probably like what the heck is wrong with her head" (even though they probably can't see the twitches in reality) and then i have to look down and pretend to fiddle with my nails or something. making and keeping eye contact is also very hard for me.
sound like you?

Spfreezes

This is the biggest problem for me.Especially on a crowded place.One year ago I made a presentation in front of my class.My had started to shake terribley.It was a disaster.And then it grown up on an high level.Even Im having breakfast with my family.But then I got used it.But I still I cant make a presentation although nobody can realise it.please write your experiences.I really need some help.