Trapped

Convict187

I would luv to get my own place, but I can't because this house is rented in my name and not in my sisters and she doesn't have any legal right to remain if I move out... Which could put her in a bad area with her five kids and I can't let that happen, but she as no intention of moving out so I'm trapped here :roll:

What would you do?

SilentType

Banned
It's possible to get your landlord to replace you with your sister on the apartment lease, as long as your sister is willing and able to pay for the place on her own. Is that an option?

Peace

Convict187

I don't have any options because I succeeded to this tenancy from my mum after she past away and it can only be transfer once by law 8O

If your sister agrees to it, couldn't you legally own two places and pay for the one your sister lives in using money she gives you? Or do the terms say it has to be your primary residence?

SilentType

Banned
If I were in your situation I would help your sister find a new place to live. If she can afford to pay for a place of her own, I don't see any harm in that. Just explain to her where you're coming from and hopefully she'll understand. You're name is the only one on the lease so she doesn't really have a say in the matter... I understand that you love your family and don't want to cause any harm, but if your living situation is causing problems for you, then you've gotta have a talk with your sister and work it out. You don't have to be an asshole about it, just explain the way you feel and I'm sure she'll understand. I wouldn't say the following to her, but just keep in mind that in the end it's up to you (as the lease holder) who lives in your home. You can't move out so you have no other option. I'm sure you already know this is what you have to do, and I would agree that it's your only option if you want to have a place of your own.

Peace

Convict187

She likes living here a lot because we have a doctors/dentist close to the house and it's a good area so she as no intention of moving unless she get pregnant with child number six, don't even want to think about that not with me downstairs :x