Totallly Freaking!!!!

workingonit

Ok so im in highschool and i started gettin extreme anxiety in december and panic attacks and stuff. It is May and i have missed soooooooooo much school because we (my parents and i) have been trying to figure this whole thing out and i started taking zoloft in january. It hasnt reallly been working and it is EXTREMELY hard for me to even walk into school, let alone actually stay there. I have finals at the end of june and i am weaning off of zoloft and gonna start paxil in 2 or 3 days to see if that works. I am totally freaking because finals are at the end of june and i always get good grades and have alot of friends, which i havent seen in a LONG time, and i also have regents and if i dont sit down for 3 hrs for each regents then im not gonna pass my grade!!!! Also i have like 20 science labs that i need to stay after school and do except for i can barely sit still cuz im so nervous. I dont know wat im gonna do if paxil doesnt work in time and i CAN NOT FAIL MY GRADE. So yeah...if anyone has any advice that would be great cuz this rly sux.

deadboy

paxil and zoloft are slow working, they can take weeks to start working. i think you should talk to a doctor about taking klonopin for a few weeks until the paxil starts working for you. as soon as you take a pill, it takes about 15 minutes to kick and and youre fine. do some research on the drug if you like, ive heard of it working on lots of people including myself. good luck with everything!

LauLau

i'm new to this forum. i get panic attacks, and so does my bf. his are worse than mine, he is on a regular medication for his panic attacks, but if he has a really bad one, where the meds just dont seem to work, he takes and adavan. you sit it on your tounge, it dissolves, and calms you down in minutes. ask you doc about that. it might work for you. and paxil cr is a good medication to take, i have been on it for 3 years, and it helps me alot

rko74

i cant relate to you

Yup i know how it is too sit in school and feel that awful discomfort.I been feeling that way for past 2 days because i had to go to this job skills workshop and it lasts from 9am-330pm.Im not too bad when i get in the place but once i sit for awhile i start to feel nervous and a rising discomfort.Its really awful, feeling so uncomfortable you want to crawl away.I notice i dont like when the instructor or in your case teacher looks me in the eye.Maybe its cause im afraid she would call on me, or something and i'd have to speak.I told the whole room that i suffer from social phobia and they seemed to be genuinely sympathetic.The asian lady said she knew someone else and meditation helped them.The instructor said your self talk is wrong and your mind is telling you all these negatives thoughts.I guess we have to change those thoughts somehow.Yuou should ask your parents if you could go to a cognitive behavior therapist.If you can stick to school, i know its hard but i quite in 10th grade :(, i wish i hadnt and had gotten help back then.