Tools to combat SA and other emotional problems (MUST READ)

logchuck

Hi guys, I have recently stumbled upon this site and I am so happy I did!

You guys make me feel at home... just the other day I was thinking to myself, "where are all the people like me?"

I have noticed a lot of changes in me recently... and I owe much of my success mainly to these two sites right here:

emofree.com (you can download the free eft manual here)

& sedona.com (you can order a free sample cd here, or you can buy the whole program)

...Thank you for reading this and let me know what you think about these sites? okay.

romeno82

Re: Tools to combat SA and other emotional problems (MUST RE

logchuck said:

You guys make me feel at home... just the other day I was thinking to myself, "where are all the people like me?"

I have noticed a lot of changes in me recently... and I owe much of my success mainly to these two sites right here:

& sedona.com (you can order a free sample cd here, or you can buy the whole program)

...Thank you for reading this and let me know what you think about these sites? okay.

hi logchuck,

i wrote a long post about energy psycology (eft):

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt8130.html

if you could give some notes about the change. you also find some useful info on how to use it (a short form of eft) + some useful affirmations to tap

thanks

logchuck

Hi.

Okay, to answer your questions allergic and romeno, the way it changed me was in that it gave me more control over my emotions... enought to be considered normal (sort of).

I find myself fitting in more. Before I would site down next to some people and wonder why am I sitting here lol. I see myself improving and getting closer to people.

I am still changing, I LOVE IT!

If you guys ever had a bad feeling in your stomach that you couldn't shake, then the sedona method will do you well!

EFT is more for someone that wants to let go of past traumatic, shaming experiences.

I hope I answered your questions.

romeno82

hi logchuck i have quoted your answer in the post about energy psicology.
could you write the affirmations you used in that thread. thanks

MThill

Re: Tools to combat SA and other emotional problems (MUST RE

You can buy the book The Sedona Method, by Dale Dwoskin, My copy was $23.00 Canadian . The copy that I have, though, I am currently borrowing from the Edmonton Public Library. I agree that it works quite quickly and surprisingly well.I use muscle checking as a reliable indicator of efficacy.

Also, I have been using EFT myself for sometime and as a Brain Gym practitioner, have added it to my bag of tricks for dealing with anxiety issues. One of my clients was so paralysed by anxiety that she was unable to work. After three EFT sessions with me (two of them over the telephone), her psychiatrist - who had been seeing her for some time with little results and lots of medication - concluded that she was "cured". It has been several months now and she has had no further episodes. Her mother and grandmother, however, still experience anxiety attacks. Apparently EFT cured her of a 'hereditary' disorder. Another client was afraid to drive. Three telephone sessions cleared everything up for her. EFT may not cure everyone's phobia. But I can speak to it working for my clients.

romeno82 said:
logchuck said:

MThill

Well,
When it comes to anxiety, I usually use EFT but there is also a technique from Brain Gym that helped me help my husband get over an anxiety attack he was having.

It is called Cook's Hookups, just Hookups for short. It is helpful to drink water before doing this exercise.
1) Cross your arms and your legs or ankles, breath in deeply through your nose (mouth closed) and then breathe out through your mouth. Repeat until you have regained your sense of equilibrium.

2) Uncross your arms and legs and repeat the breathing pattern a few times. This will hold the calmness in place longer.

This is a very good exercise to do before or during any stressful situation and can be done in such a way that no one pays any attention to what you are doing.

Speaking for myself, it saved me a trip to the emergency ward in the middle of the night; when the anxiety attack was over, we both went back to sleep.

I would practice this when you don't necessarily need it, just to get a sense of the calmness it brings on. When you are having an attack, having someone coach you through this technique is also helpful, so I would let your loved ones know about the technique, too.