To Steady The Anger!

I've been battling a newly noticed behavioural trait or an issue of some sort - anger.

Right now I am of a confused mind set. It was suggested I had AvPD but also suggested I had a more Anxiety-type of issue causing depression. I don't know which one or none.

Without any further confusion I just gotta ask:

- I seem to have a steady anger that can eventually blow up at sometimes very minor things.

- I usually feel really sad, and very upset at myself for getting this anger and potentially causing grief to others.

That seems to be all I can think of at the moment. Perhaps learning to steady the anger has got something to do with lessening parts of the mixture that is anger. I don't know.

I've been battling a newly noticed behavioural trait or an issue of some sort - anger.

Right now I am of a confused mind set. It was suggested I had AvPD but also suggested I had a more Anxiety-type of issue causing depression. I don't know which one or none.

Without any further confusion I just gotta ask:

- I seem to have a steady anger that can eventually blow up at sometimes very minor things.

- I usually feel really sad, and very upset at myself for getting this anger and potentially causing grief to others.

That seems to be all I can think of at the moment. Perhaps learning to steady the anger has got something to do with lessening parts of the mixture that is anger. I don't know.

My experience from the past is that anger can be an unwelcome product of depression. It can come from not feeling able (or knowing how) to competently communicate something and also from not being able to think something through to a point where you can see it from different perspectives - you can only see it from a place that induces anger, whereas other perspectives can give understanding. A big step towards getting control of anger is realising that it has an effect on those around you, which you seem to be aware of, so you're going in the right direction. Another step is to give things time, they either fade to a point of not being an issue, or the anger diminishes so that you can deal with it without showing anger - "I feel angry about this at the moment, but I'll keep it to myself. I'll wait until this afternoon to see if I feel the same. If its still a problem for me, I will think of a calmer, constructive way to discuss it".

I hope that helps, Mr President, Sir.

ps Would not AvPD be largely anxiety-based, anyway?

My experience from the past is that anger can be an unwelcome product of depression. It can come from not feeling able (or knowing how) to competently communicate something and also from not being able to think something through to a point where you can see it from different perspectives - you can only see it from a place that induces anger, whereas other perspectives can give understanding. A big step towards getting control of anger is realising that it has an effect on those around you, which you seem to be aware of, so you're going in the right direction. Another step is to give things time, they either fade to a point of not being an issue, or the anger diminishes so that you can deal with it without showing anger - "I feel angry about this at the moment, but I'll keep it to myself. I'll wait until this afternoon to see if I feel the same. If its still a problem for me, I will think of a calmer, constructive way to discuss it".

I hope that helps, Mr President, Sir.

ps Would not AvPD be largely anxiety-based, anyway?

I am not so well with patience. Especially not with the brewing bitters of anger building up. This is probably or maybe my next step.

I really resonated with your words about not being able to communicate. This seems to be part of the stem. It's hard to articulate and/or construct spoken ideas and thoughts. If I could speak I could be better understood!

:perfect: It helps!

& I am not sure. I believe AvPD is or partly the result of prolonged SA, Depression, Isolation, SP, GA, Agoraphobia ......

Last edited: