Tired of being ignored

dannyboy65

I can't say I'm not important to people cause I know there are people who find me important for instance the seniors I work with. But other then my professional work life I don't have very many friends. I am always at home alone for weekends and on my days off of work I am at home doing nothing. I find it so hard to be social with people of my age. I only have 3 friends my age and I only really hangout with one. I try to contact people my age but they usually send on message back then never reply or they just never reply at all. Why is it so hard to find people my age to get along with.

Requiescat

Welcomew to life. I myself have never really meshed with my age group either, I've always talked with older people online and that's been about the best I could do. The gulf between my peer group and myself only widens with age. And trust me, there is a moment when all these socialites realise that they don't have any friends either, just very flaky acqaintances. How many people can you truly form a bond with? Really the eight-hundred plus people in their friend list on Facebook? It won't be a nice process to follow, but ask yourself honestly, what do those people do that you don't? There is always something, if you are truly being honest with yourself. You may find that what stands out is something you wouldn't like to change. Or maybe your group of peers are just incompatible. There is nothing wrong with either one, it just helps you isolate what kinds of people you need or want to be around. That simplifies things. I remember when I was younger trying to break into a click that just wasn't me. Now I think how stupid I was, but back then I just didn't know myself well enough. You could be in a similar sort of bind. You either need to readjust how you approach your interpersonal relationships, or change the people you associate with. It really boils down to that. Which road you take depends on you alone. Only you can know which is right at any given time, as I am unable to assess things from this side of the computer screen. Don't give up hope Dannyboy! All the best ;)

BlazeBlue

I can't say I'm not important to people cause I know there are people who find me important for instance the seniors I work with. But other then my professional work life I don't have very many friends. I am always at home alone for weekends and on my days off of work I am at home doing nothing. I find it so hard to be social with people of my age. I only have 3 friends my age and I only really hangout with one. I try to contact people my age but they usually send on message back then never reply or they just never reply at all. Why is it so hard to find people my age to get along with.

You know, I was once feeling frustratingly ignored by my peers until I realized that friends weren't limited to any age group. Friends can come in different shapes and ages as long as they are true to the meaning of friends. For instance, I only have 3 friends in my age group, the rest are either younger or much older (10 - 30+ years older). Regardless of their age, they have been so supportive and understanding when I was having a tough time.

So don't exclude the people not within your age group. When you start looking and reaching out, you'll find that people that you consider friends are not really friends, and the people that you'd never have thought of as friends are the truest friends.

Change your perspective and you'll see great things. Good luck!