Time to Upgrade

I've been using Drionic for palmar HH since 1999, with absolutely wonderful results. I don't use it on my feet, as they become sufficiently dry once my hands are treated. As for axillary sweating, I use Certain Dri about once a month, which has rendered my underarms completely dry.

I've noticed that my Drionic treatments have become slightly less effective over the past few years (though I did a solid 8 hours of treatment in August that reduced my palmar sweating to zero for almost an entire month). I'm hoping that this is due to the machine being so old, and not to any sort of resistance to treatment that I'm building. I may order new plates for it, since mine are pretty corroded.
Maybe that'll make a difference.

In any case, I'm thinking it might be time to go all in and get one of these professional machines I've read about. I'm not too concerned with cost. I'm hoping my insurance will at least offset some of the cost, but I'm okay with paying the whole thing out of pocket, if need be.

To that end, based on my cursory research, it looks like the Hidrex PSP1000 is about as good as you can get. My main concerns here are:

-What sort of results can a person who's had great success with Drionic expect from the Hidrex unit?

-Is there a "learning curve" with this device? Some users seem to find it complicated.

-Is it a known phenomenon with Drionic that its efficacy diminishes if the electrode plates are corroded?

-I use the Drionic unit at full current at all times; will I be able to tolerate the Hidrex at its highest current?

Sprawling

If you are happy with the Drionic and it works for you, just change the plates and it should work fine. Ionto is ionto whether you use a laptop power supply that switches AC to DC or whether one spends the money on a name brand machine. Personally, I use a pulsed current machine that's not a named brand device that cost me about the same as a Drionic. I find pulsed current way more comfortable to use compared to when I was using the Fischer Md1a machine. I've doing ionto since 2005, which is not as long as you have.

When the plates corrode, efficiency is decreased. Change the plates. I also have a Drionic that I used when I first started treatment and I found that it's not as powerful as others. But hey, You've had great results for such a long time.

If you are happy with the Drionic and it works for you, just change the plates and it should work fine. Ionto is ionto whether you use a laptop power supply that switches AC to DC or whether one spends the money on a name brand machine. Personally, I use a pulsed current machine that's not a named brand device that cost me about the same as a Drionic. I find pulsed current way more comfortable to use compared to when I was using the Fischer Md1a machine. I've doing ionto since 2005, which is not as long as you have.

When the plates corrode, efficiency is decreased. Change the plates. I also have a Drionic that I used when I first started treatment and I found that it's not as powerful as others. But hey, You've had great results for such a long time.

I ordered new plates for the Drionic a few minutes ago; we'll see if that helps.

I've read that the top-shelf full-immersion units provide more complete sweat reduction (versus leaving an untreated strip of skin across the palms) and require shorter treatments times to achieve this.

Sprawling

I only used my Drionic for about a month. I found it awkward, yet it did work. I find any unit with trays is way more comfortable.

I should have mentioned that you still might be able to get some life out of the old trays by either lightly sanding them or using a medium grade steel wool. That's if they are not totally gone.

I only used my Drionic for about a month. I found it awkward, yet it did work. I find any unit with trays is way more comfortable.

I should have mentioned that you still might be able to get some life out of the old trays by either lightly sanding them or using a medium grade steel wool. That's if they are not totally gone.

I have to believe that not only are full-immersion trays more confortable, but provide superior treatment as well.

I suppose I could sand them down, but new ones are only 20 bucks, with shipping, and by the time they arrive, I'll be due for more treatment :)