Time to drop the mask....

BreakingFree

When I introduced myself, I happily shared my life story even revealing my age :roll: , which I never do. The more I post (which is not many) the more I reveal more of myself and I am beginning to fear your judgement.

What do you know I have become scared of your judgement of me and how you see me.! 8O Ghee you are becoming too close or getting to know me too well more than what I want to reveal - I think. Exactly as in real life! The closer a person gets the more I fear their judgement and I will start pushing them away, before they discover the real me.

I present a mask to the world and when I feel its slipping I run for cover instead of exposing myself, that is prevent people seeing the person behing the mask. I think what I fear is for people to see my insecurity, my self doubt, my low self esteem, lack of self confidence AND ALL THE NOT TO NICE BITS ABOUT MYSELF, quite the opposite of what I present to the world. :(

Its time I say, so what if I am all that I am still OK! :lol: Away with the goodie two shoes! Its time for SELF ACCEPTANCE!

Helyna

Hooray for self acceptance! Because we're all insecure and all have problems, or we wouldn't be here!

Infected_Malignity

BreakingFree said:
I present a mask to the world and when I feel its slipping I run for cover instead of exposing myself, that is prevent people seeing the person behing the mask. I think what I fear is for people to see my insecurity, my self doubt, my low self esteem, lack of self confidence AND ALL THE NOT TO NICE BITS ABOUT MYSELF, quite the opposite of what I present to the world. :(

A lot of people feel that way, it's totally normal. Insecurities aren't always synonymous with social anxiety. You're overthinking yourself ;)