Time of the week again!

Bexi

Yes it is Tuesday, so tomorrow is...counselling! I am going to tell her about my break up with BF and how i have been feeling down, but I find it very hard to talk to ppl about certain things, and worry I will just sit there unable to talk! :roll: Gosh, i am abit worried! as always!

redlady

Hey Bex - I get apprehensive come therapy time. My therapist is the only person that i have cried infront of for a long time - but she is outstanding and although sometimes my words get all jumbled and i sound completely incomprehensible i never feel embarassed in front of her.
Do you trust your therapist ? If you do then you will be okay. I surprise myself with the way i talk in therapy - i just let it all out - you have to and if you have to you may as well do it with someone who can help you and more importantly who wont judge you. You will be alright :wink:

paul

Bexi I have talked about this with you before :) annoying (understatement) how anxiety doesn't go away even when a situation is set up for success! I'm sure tomorrow you'll be saying how it went alright, as it always does 8)

young

i've done the therapy thing before. Your first visit is usualy the rough one. That's when they sit their all pretty and demanding with their little notebook. They ask you all these questions trying to get to know you better. Nod their head a few times. Smile here and there and jot some things down.

Therapy is good. If you let it be. If you don't want to talk to them or to try and get better, you're just wasting your money. For it to really be benificial you have to talk to them. I found them to be good in a few ways. They are someone you can talk to, and get your issues of your chest. Then they try and help you, as best as you let them.

Bexi

Well, mine is 50 mins, altho if i need longer or want to end earlier i can do, the aim is for me to discuss things, and my counsellor listenss and supports me, and we work together to help me through things.
She will suggest things I could try, although there is nothing that HAS to be done, it is more whether I am able to do them.

She will ask me about my week, my anxiety, my feelings. A couple of times I have been so down/anxious that I have been unable to talk, and so I drew how i felt instead, which I enjoyed!

Yes RED, I do trust my counsellor, but I really am not a born talker, and sometimes opening up is so darn hard!! :)

And, my counsellor does not write a thing down! Which is cool

coolguy2005

Therapy is only a resource-->it is not your 'magic key'. Use all the resources that you can to make yourself as happy and free as possible(e.g text, audio tapes, physical exercise).

Be curious, and search for solutions on what you can do to make yourself feel good.

Bexi

Yes course, thearpy and counselling take up an hour of my week, so it is not the cure, i do not assume it is tho