Time for introductions.

Incognito

Well, I'm nervous as hell writing this but I do feel better knowing that I'm not alone. I'm 23 and I was diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder in the United States Navy and was discharged because of it. When they told me I had it I guess I wasn't that suprised, it made sense that the difficulty I had with others was caused by a mental illness ( I personally think it began with childhood teasing). It occured to me yesterday that there might be other people like me so I googled around and found this site.
AvPD has ruined my life so far. No girlfriends, few friends, and it has left me feeling ugly ( I'm willing to consider that this might be in my head).
But I don't want to be this way anymore. I still believe a better life is possible so I'm going to fight this.

Kien

I have few friends spends 99.9% of my freetime alone no love in my life, only a bit jealousy. I have become great friends with the girl here blonderedhead which has made life a bit happer. I have never been very happy in life and I feel that it will never be as happy as common people. I have felt ugly most of my life as well so I know the feel. Most people here knows how people like us feel. Feel welcomed here. :}

lucyx

I'm 17 ( a young 'un then :lol: ) i have a few friends but i dont see them so much anymore. only really 1 that i dont feel awkward around and i hardly ever see her now that shehas a new group of friends that are all too cool for me the 'quite weirdo' but oh well. i've pretty much allways been like this though worse the last 2 years. i have no friends at college and everyone thinks im an idiot (when i was at school they had a list of people with gifted intelligence and i was on the top of that list so im probably not ACTUALLY stupid) but because i act like an empty vessell most of the time and it''s imposible to show other people that i actually have a personality. I have a bit more confidence when i drink though so im allways the incredibly drunk one if i go to parties/gigs or whatever.
im pathetic in most ways really, ha.. nice to know theres lots of peopl out here like me though makes me feel less like its my fault im a weirdo.
i got expelled in my last year of school basically because of my avoidant personality disorder as i would refuse to join in with things, do speaches, work in partners, attent P.E lessons etc and obviously was also too shy to say WHY i was refusing, so yeah.. rubbish really.
I'm really into music, indie mostly. fave bands = the libertines, babyshambles, manic street preachers and adam green)

Raveno

hi, i'm 21, and I thought I had friends, but after 9 years of this 'fake relationship' I finally got the message..so in reality, i've never made a genuine friend..and I don't like to be around anybody bc i'm really nervous/self conscious..and I feel like if I open up (like around those 'friends' but even then I wasn't even nearly opened..just partially open) so if totally open up, I know I will be hurt by the rejection/ridicule
I just need to mature
I can't hold a job bc of this excessive anxiety, I wish I could have a job where there would be as few people around me as possible, but I know that wouldn't be able to happen..

I sit at home all day, I don't have a car either, so i'm just stuck with no friends all the time, its driving me crazy..

having a cleft palate doesn't help with the anxiety either

de

im 22 and did have freinds some that i got on with and some i didnt like but that was because i thought they didnt like me,anyway i cut them out of my life 3-4years ago by avoiding calls returning calls unplugging the telephone cable in my house till they eventually got the message i freak out sometimes when i think im going to run into them but apart from work and rugby i dont go out at all.ive got this helpless feeling that im becoming a spectator as my life is just passing me by.