Thought I would say hi

adobbs

Just figured I'd stop in and say hi to everyone.
I've been reading these forums for a while and thought it might do me some good to interact.
I'm kind of like lots of other people on here, I've had SAD for as long as I can remember but just now found out what it's called.
It's never been too much of a problem, till lately. I've always been able to excuse it as just being shy, but it's started getting to me.
I've pretty much forgot about college. It would get so bad that if anyone was setting in a class behind me I would narrate for them, and of course they would only say things that I'm most self conscience about.

Lately, as long as I've got something to do or someone to talk to I'm ok, but when I'm off work or something I feel bad.

The worst part is all the people in my life who should try to help, won't. When I try to talk to my "friends" about it they just dismiss me as being eccentric. And the only thing my family has done is try to turn me into some kind of money grubbing preppy.

The way things are, every day I find something else about myself that I hate, and there's nothing I can do about it cept deal with it. And I'm getting pretty tired of fighting.

dull_stallion

Hi mate, I know how you feel. I guess the best advice I can give you how to deal with SP is do not fight. Just try to be nice with people aroud you and dont beat yourself up. Good times will come.

welcome :)