This Sucks

Sam04je

Hi All,

Been reading about everyones problem with blushing and i am experiencing exactly the same thing! Like today we started a new lesson in my business course of sign language and I had to get up in front of the class like 3 times...each time my face would turn red well not red...PURPLE! Im dreading university when i have to stand up in front of loads of people.

I've tryed for a long time to hack this problem and i think im nearly there...but everytime i have a suituation like today, i loose all my confidence again.

grrr!

When some says 'AHH look hes blushing' i just say 'Dont wrry about it, it always happens to me, get use to it!!' and eventually with that person i will stop pretty much. But in front of big groups its still there.

I kinda just laught with it now and i feel abit more comftable. I talked to my anti about it and she use to have the same problem when people would talk to her...now shes just one of these people that dont shutup...so im pretty confident i can hack it eventually.

Also something else that has helped is...i work in HMV that deals with alot of customers, and the dealing with the customers part has helped me alot because i deal with like 1million a day and eventually you just stop going red because your use to it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

zaphod41

Hey there. I used to blush all the time at college, even if someone just said hello. I've been working in education for 3 years now and gradually my confidence as improved and I blush less and less. I still blush if i'm embarrassed ofcourse, or if i'm standing infront of loads of people, but in everyday situations I feel at ease and don't have to worry about going beetroot red. Although when I'm at home, it's a different story, when ever my older brother speaks to me, I can't help but blush. He's a very intimidating person and very forthright, so I know if I blush even a little he'll go 'why are you going red????', so I tend to just stay out of his way. That's the worst thing, when people comment, but I usually just say 'yeah, so what', and walk away.

Pitrus

IM fighting with this problem just as much as everyone else. I dont seem to blush in everyday stuation so eazily now but i still avoid some situations what kills me couse i want to face them and cant.

arghhh

Hiya I have had a blushing problem since high school, when teachers used to embarras me, and also when I used to have to read something out.. I could feel my head explodading... It progressed to all sorts of situations even from walking down the road and pasing someone.
Now I just avoid situations that I know I may blush in. I hate the feeling and when its really pounding It makes me want to burst into tears at 28 I feel quite sad to say that

nay27

hey there - i've been reading everyone else problems aswell and its like reading about my own life! I know exactly how you feel. It used to happen to me every time i had to get up in front of the class at school but would only last about 30 seconds. It got better when i went to uni because we had to get up every week and give a little tutorial. Some weeks i would be fine - others - hello tomato! It would usually only happen when I was in those situations - but now for the past 2-3 years it can happen at the drop of a hat. Supermarket, shopping centres, work- you name somwehere - it will happen. Its comforting though to hear your aunty got over it.......here's hoping! Have you tried hypnotherapy?