THIS MITE SOUND STUPID BUT......

gg

:arrow: hi I'm a 24 yr old sp sufferer. i wanted to ask a question that mite sound stupid but i wanted to know what you say to the doctor in order to get help. i can just picture going in there & he'll turn to me & say "now whats the problem" & then what do i say :?: i know it sounds stupid but if any of you out there have been to the doctors about this what have you said to him & what has he said to you :?: i just want to know coz i'll be sitting in the waiting room thinking what am i going to tell the doc, & that will make me more nervous to the point where i'll just walk out. PLEASE HELP :!: :!: :!:

blubs

When I've been to the doctor's in the past...I write down what the problem is before I go...(not just for SA but for anything) because I find I get really nervous. Then I can always show the dr what I've written if my mind goes blank.

triceratops

I had the same problem not being sure what to say to the doctor when I first went but luckily the doctor was nice and knew exactly what sa was. Doctors are trained to deal with mental problems as well as pysical problems im sure your doctor will have had patients with sa before so I wouldn't worry to much :)

IceLad

I think writing down everything before you go is a very good idea- exactly the thing I did before I went back to the doctor last year as I was convinced that my mind would freeze and go blank.

Make sure that you're completely honest about how badly it affects you. Is it just in a certain situation (e.g at work/ college), or all the time? I nearly found myself drastically cutting down how badly it affects me as I just wanted to get out of the surgery asap and I felt silly!

Like scyth has said, doctors are trained to deal with mental problems as well as physical.

Good luck- you're taking your first steps to getting better!

8)

Falcon

I also wrote it down! And I read it to him. It works, so much easier than speaking it from memory.

gg

:arrow: thank you all so much 4 your help. i will go to the doctor when i get the courage. i will write everything down as you have suggested. i feel a bit better. it's just i always sit there thinking to myself, what am i going to say to the doctor, he's probably going to laugh at me & say I'v never heard of anything like that B4. but ever since i found this website i feel heapz beta. thankx guyz :D