This little topic of mine...

young

Well i guess it's time to give a little background story about myself. I'm a 23 year old male,[oops.. i'm 26, don't know what i was thinking when i wrote that]. who has been going thru anxiety for most of my life. I'd say all my life, but i don't remember past 5. I get anxious on long trips. And new places that i don't really know of. That's mainly because my stomache is always going bonkers.(without telling you people gross things :D )

For the most part, I make frequent bathroom trips. Which causes my anxiety. When i'm out for a long amount of time. Say i'm on the road for an extended time, i get all nervous and anxious. Which sucks for me at times, since my job requires me to drive. I've seen countless people. Had tubes and things shoved in places, where things should not be shoved. I've been on medicines. I'm completely glad to not be one any meds, now. I sometimes get very shy and try not to do situations where there are a lot of people. I have gotten past hat though. I can interact with people all the time now. I sometimes won't say anything. I may be shy at times. But i can interact with people.

So for the most part, i can't really do long trips. I would love to travel and see the world. But i fear taking a long trip. For that I would have to goto the bathroom.

It had gotten to the part where it affected my relationship with my ex fiance. She liked to do things, and go places. I just was unable to go there.

I think i'm done rambling.

Hurricane

awww, I can figure that can't be a very pleasant thing, I actually had a friend with the same problem as yours...I remember we went out for a drink, and he took hot chocomilk, and I remember him leaving because he had to rush home to take his pills and go to a toilet

young

The_Next_Level said:
Hi mate

May i ask what your job is?

Cheers

Matt 8)

You sure can.

Did you want me to answer that? :wink:

I am a field computer technician for a pharmaceutical company. So i travel from store to store. I cover 25 stores. So my drive times could be an 1.5 hours one way. I've also had to drive 3 hours before. those Trips aren't fun.

young

The_Next_Level said:
Can you help your drives by taking music that you like etc? What is it about the drive that you dont like?

I do have tons of music. It helps sometimes. Along with the thoughts of "stay in the moment" The hardest part of driving is that i get these bouts of the "d word". Which makes me to be panicky, making me to want to avoid situations. Unfortunately pills haven't actually helped me any.

young

I'm aware of the breathing and the correlation between hyperventilation and panic. So when I get tense i do try and breather full deep breaths.

I do prefer to drive instead of being the passenger. It gives me more freedom, and the ability to stop if i need to.

Chilling__Echo

hey, not sure if i understand, before your anxiety would make you sick and now you're so afraid of getting sick evern though you've gotten better in public that you're anxious of gettting sick? so that it makes you sick?

this is what it sounds like to me which is deffinately the norm SA, the whole being afraid of getting afraid i guess and i see your dilema. when i get anxious my stomach does the same. it's horrible.

and you've been tested and everything? i have a friend who has anxiety problems, not SA but he gets all worked up and he also suffers from IBS and Crohn's disease so all of that mixed together makes a horrible combination.

young

Chilling__Echo said:
hey, not sure if i understand, before your anxiety would make you sick and now you're so afraid of getting sick evern though you've gotten better in public that you're anxious of gettting sick? so that it makes you sick?

I'm only afraid really of getting sick in a long drive. Where If i were to get sick i'd have no where to go. When i'm in a public place that atleast had a bathroom i'm not completely anxious. cause if worse comes to worse i'll get sick in the bathroom.

Chilling__Echo said:
and you've been tested and everything? i have a friend who has anxiety problems, not SA but he gets all worked up and he also suffers from IBS and Crohn's disease so all of that mixed together makes a horrible combination.

I've had upper endoscopy, and a colon oscopy( a terrible test for someone who has ibs symptoms). They have not found anything with those tests. Though from what i've read there really isn't a diagnose for ibs or anxiety. It's usually what they are left with.