This can help with blushing and confidence big time

clip75

Here is something that I found really works with confidence and blushing. I'm not able to pull it off unless I commit myself but it definately helps. It's quite simple. Most people that blush alot have a fear of it as well. But why do they have that fear. Your only turning red. Would blushing bother you if you got hot but didn't turn red. Probably not. So in my opinion this has to do with appearance. This is hard to do but you have to do is send messages to your brain that tell you it doesn't matter what you look like. I believe this is the root of blushing. The most important thing you can do to accomplish this is to stop looking in the mirror (even in the morning-I would just wash my face and put on a hat-I know its hard for females but they can also use concealer :). I tried this and I had some serious confidence for a while. But then I had other problems with appearance from stress and lack of sleep so now that has become my new "blushing problem". People react to confidence and not how you look. Unfortunately we all have to shave or do make up and keep ourselves up or this would be a lot easier. If you can find a way to look acceptable with minimal attention to yourself it can give you a new life.

I might try this, it would be hard though b/c there are mirrors everywhere in my house. There is one that I hate b/c it is at the end of a hallway, and I hate watching myself walk

krs2snow

I agree with what u're saying. But, if I didn't get red in my face I wouldn't be blushing since "becoming red in the face" is the definition of blushing. I think I know what u mean, though. It's all about ur thought process. If u're thinking is insecure, u blush. If u're focused on ur appearnce to others, u will blush more frequently and more easily. If ur not thinking about urself and u just do things without overthinking u don't blush. I do think that we have to be able to face ourselves in the mirror though. Like u said, its about confidence. The day u can look urself square in the mirror and really know that u're confident in urself is the day u will overcome this blushing thing.

JamesSmith

People react to confidence and not how you look. Unfortunately we all have to shave or do make up and keep ourselves up or this would be a lot easier. If you can find a way to look acceptable with minimal attention to yourself it can give you a new life.

You make a really good statement that I agree with, that people react to confidence, not how you look. Then you go on to talk about how you look gives you new life?

I think personality and body language are way more important than what you look like.

clip75

The looking acceptable thing really doesn't matter. What I meant by that is just taking care of yourself( for example clean clothes, haircut, shower, ) but actually really not necessary. What I'm trying to emphasize is tricking the brain into thinking you don't care about your appearance and thus deflating the fear of turning red. It's really a mental trick and when I put it into practice I wasn't turning red in situations that I normally would. When I focus on my appearance then the blushing is worsened. It's hard in our society because media is constantly pushing outward appearance, so it is a battle.