Thinking of becoming a teacher

michaelkaz

Hey everyone I live in Australia and I'm starting my last year of high school soon but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I would really like to go to uni and study primary (elementary) school teaching after I graduate high school but my parents want me to study something in the medical field, they say I won't find teaching challenging enough. But the problem is I have realized that I can really get along well with kids, I also think I could be a good mentor. What should I do? I feel like I'm going to disappoint my parents. ::(:
Also I never experience SA when I'm around kids, it's usually people around my own age (teenagers).

Last edited:
Go for it man. I would agree with your parents though in that they want you to have something that will make life easier for you down the road (better paying and more secure job) - but if if teaching kids is what you really want deep down - DO IT. If you are unsure about it though, even just a bit... better go with what your parents say (as they probably know more, since they are more experienced in "life").

Good luck mate! :)