Thinking inwardly

alphaberto

Could it be that our brains are geared to consider more about our situation in a social transcation than others do?

What I mean is, where a normal person will talk away happily to someone else for a period of time, and feel 100% comfortable with themselves and the person they are conversing with, we will ponder every point before we make it (and after we make it) - mull over every physical and verbal reaction to what we say - and notice every single emotion the other person transmits.

Maybe we are more aware of how we, and the person we are communicating with, feel at any given point, and this makes it incredibly complicated to have relationships.

In effect it can come to a point that even in the period leading up to an encounter we have already spoiled the situation by pre-determining what is about to take place.

WeirdGirl

I read an artical about this, found it interesting.
I feel i tend to over-think things and it leaves me exhusted!
Although maybe it has more to do with having a busy mind rather than thinking inwardly, cause the buddhists focus inward and have the most peaceful states of mind

alphaberto

yeah, maybe 'thinking inwardly' isn't a very accurate way of labelling what I mean.

I just feel the times I am most successul in society are when I...

a) Accidently find myelf in a place where I don't fully consider what I'm doing, or,

b) Do consider it, but somwhow feel comfortable enough to revel in the positives of what's happening between me and the person(s) I'm talking to.

I always thought buddists looked for a place where nothingness (for want of a better description) existed. I tend to feel too much is going on in my head, and a lot of what is is completely worthless.

WeirdGirl

Yeh i can understand that, i like the moments that i am on 'auto pilot'

Someone once said to me that self-conscious people were the too self-centred. Which does make allot of sense. I always try to remember that comment and think about how someone else must be feeling/thinking. Does actually help.

JA2007

Yeh i can understand that, i like the moments that i am on 'auto pilot'

Someone once said to me that self-conscious people were the too self-centred. Which does make allot of sense. I always try to remember that comment and think about how someone else must be feeling/thinking. Does actually help.

I've been on "auto pilot" the last few days since I started my new job. I haven't been nervous much at all because I'm so busy trying to absorb all the info. It has been a little euphoric not being completely SA at a new job.