Thinking about going to doctor about my blushing problem :S

prince1

ok, so ive come to a decision that i can live with my SA and work on it over time with my own methods of curing it (hopefully) My main problem is that i think my blushing problem contributes to my SA to an extent where my SA could not be cured without the blushing cured. So, im wondering about seeing a doctor, but i want some of yur opinions about it, to me i think that the doctor will think im wasting there time and is there eithen much they can do or are they well informed about these sorts of problems. Please any comment on this topic would help my desicion wether to go or not because i dred seeing a doctor.

Tryin

Go for it, my friend! Seeing a doc is a great decision, I'm sure it'll serve you good.

charlieHungerford

Re: Thinking about going to doctor about my blushing problem

prince1 said:
ok, so ive come to a decision that i can live with my SA and work on it over time with my own methods of curing it (hopefully) My main problem is that i think my blushing problem contributes to my SA to an extent where my SA could not be cured without the blushing cured. So, im wondering about seeing a doctor, but i want some of yur opinions about it, to me i think that the doctor will think im wasting there time and is there eithen much they can do or are they well informed about these sorts of problems. Please any comment on this topic would help my desicion wether to go or not because i dred seeing a doctor.

I will never understand the blushing problem. Do you realise no one cares or thinks anything negative of people for blushing?

I used to know this girl at work who blushed loads, and I don't think I have ever fancied someone more than her, not because of looks, she was just the coolest person I have ever met. She blushed, did I think anything negative of her for that? No way ever, she was ace!

Don't be self conscious about blushing, its a nice quality I think.

Does everyone else who doesn't blush agree with me? Blushing means absolutely nothing!

Jacky1980

prince1,
Yeah, it is good for you to see a doctor, but you should see a professional psychological therapist, not a doctor who only knows medication, I would like to give you some advice on your blushing problem. As CharlieHungerford said, blushing is a good quality and absolutely means nothing, it will even sometimes increase your charm. Most people would blush when they meet awkward situation. but if you are afraid of it, you try to control it, try to get rid of it, thinking that " if only I were not blushing", you actually supply energy to your "blushing", then you yourself have made it uncontrollable. you want to eliminate a normal part of yourself, you want to escape from yourself, you will be punished. Sometimes we would find an interesting phenomenon: if you are afraid of making mistake, you would make more mistakes. when you write something, if you are extremely afraid of writing something wrong, you tend to make more mistakes. Even if I completely recovered now, sometimes I would also blush, some girls even love me for my blushing,do you believe it? CharlieHungerfor, thank you for your shared example and advice

prince1

charlieHungerford said:
prince1 said:

I will never understand the blushing problem. Do you realise no one cares or thinks anything negative of people for blushing?

I used to know this girl at work who blushed loads, and I don't think I have ever fancied someone more than her, not because of looks, she was just the coolest person I have ever met. She blushed, did I think anything negative of her for that? No way ever, she was ace!

Does everyone else who doesn't blush agree with me? Blushing means absolutely nothing!

Hey, im male which makes it worse i suppose seeing as we like to be superior to other males. I know that no one cares, i realise it nothing to be affraid of, but thats the problem I know these things and still it continues to haunt me.

prince1

Jacky1980 said:
prince1,
Yeah, it is good for you to see a doctor, but you should see a professional psychological therapist, not a doctor who only knows medication, I would like to give you some advice on your blushing problem. As CharlieHungerford said, blushing is a good quality and absolutely means nothing, it will even sometimes increase your charm. Most people would blush when they meet awkward situation. but if you are afraid of it, you try to control it, try to get rid of it, thinking that " if only I were not blushing", you actually supply energy to your "blushing", then you yourself have made it uncontrollable. you want to eliminate a normal part of yourself, you want to escape from yourself, you will be punished. Sometimes we would find an interesting phenomenon: if you are afraid of making mistake, you would make more mistakes. when you write something, if you are extremely afraid of writing something wrong, you tend to make more mistakes. Even if I completely recovered now, sometimes I would also blush, some girls even love me for my blushing,do you believe it? CharlieHungerfor, thank you for your shared example and advice

Hey, medication would be my first thing i do. Then in a while i will see a proffesional. Although i dont like popping pills a short term cure is what im kinda looking into at the moment before i get my chance for say CBT. Im currently 16 and want to be SA free by the time im 18. Im working on my body (Bodybuilding) which will hopefully make me think im more scary than the adverage person :S i know it sounds dumb but im sure it would help. And to combat blushing (quicker the better) so medication for now and when i get my chance for therapy i will hopefully be cured of blushing by 17 then my SA will eventuarlly die down as i will see im not getting embarrised anymore. :)

charlieHungerford

prince1 said:
charlieHungerford said:
prince1 said:

Hey, im male which makes it worse i suppose seeing as we like to be superior to other males. I know that no one cares, i realise it nothing to be affraid of, but thats the problem I know these things and still it continues to haunt me.

But surely you do not believe it to be true, because if you did you wouldn't worry about it.

Have you ever analysed why you feel ashamed or self conscious of blushing? What it is you fear about blushing? The answers to this are your beliefs which need sorting out!

Chilling__Echo

blushing would cripple me when i was in my teens. at school or church, it was my worst fear, and it was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

i find it terrible b/c as if you weren't uncomfortable enough, your face becomes a billboard to everyone around screaming "hey!! look at me! i feel really really uncomfortable now!" plus whatever conversation or event was going on. we're already uncomfortable enough with ourselves, we dont need our bodies "betraying" us to go with it.

prince1, i know what youre going through. i've been to counseling, psyciatrists, and now am trying to find the right meds but have been on paxil for 4 years. i've learned to overcome my blushing problem by working on my confidence and believing in myself. that i don't have to be controled by my fears. if i believe that i'm just as good as everyone else (this is just where my anxiety stems from, you're may be different) and maybe they should be just as timid towards me as i am of them?

i still to this day blush, but not near as often. i try to relax and brush it off as soon as i feel it. as long as no one says anything (which is easier b/c i'm a chick with long hair that i wear down everyday), i can usually concentrate on something else and try to move on.

i hope this helps. you'll make it through.