There's hope to get through school!!!

workingonit

Hey I've posted here sometimes, and I was feeling pretty bad about going to school after the summer, seeing how as last year i was barely in school. I started off school slow with going in for 10 minutes and not going to any classes. Then I kept staying longer, and started to go to some classes. It was rough I'll tell you that...there were alot of times where i felt like i would never be able to be a normal highschool kid again. I told myself by the end of October i would be in school the whole day, and the last day of october i stayed the whole day, without feeling really nervous and uncomfortable. School is not as stressful anymore and seeing my friends and talking to them all the time definitely makes school fun now. I understand now that school isn't a place where a bunch of bad stuff can happen, because i have everyone on my side. Good luck to everyone in school...I hope this gives you guys hope that you can be relaxed and happy at school too!!! If anyone wants to know tips on how you can be more relaxed and stress free in school just post and ill tell you what i did that helped a tonss!

Tryin

hullo workingonit. glad for you :) i am also on high school and also have problems a bit especially with that awful noone-wants-u-here feeling. thanks for sharing your story. it definite made me want to work on it
:D

Diluted_Acid

Props! :) I think it's great you kinda set goals towards it and achieved it. I too would like to set goals and achieve . . . but theres just one thing pulling me back. Because i've been and SA all the way through school, i feel that if i change, people will notice too easily, be confused, and possibly dislike me even more? Meh . . . i dunno :( Anyways, i'm happy for you :), having people on your side sounds very securing and safe.

workingonit

In response to, Diluted_Acid, I think that you don't need to be scared that people won't like you if you decide to change and come out of your shell. What defines you, isn't your social anxiety. You have thoughts, opinions, and talents just like everyone else. Social anxiety is just holding you back from showing who you truly are. I am positive that people will NOT think it's wierd if you start talking or change. Practically everyone talks in school and people aren't going to be like," Why are you talking? That person never talks... why are they talking now?". Even if they did, if you keep talking in school, they'll get use to it. Like when I had missed tons of school and started coming back to class, you know there are some jerky boys, and they were like why are you in this class who are you? why were you never here? I just ignored it and blew it off. I kept coming in to that class every day and they realized that I was in the class. That is just like you talking, they might be like why are they talking, but then they realize hey that person talks now and you'll have new friends and be talking more.

workingonit

Tryin said:
hullo workingonit. glad for you :) i am also on high school and also have problems a bit especially with that awful noone-wants-u-here feeling. thanks for sharing your story. it definite made me want to work on it

Thanks for your reply....and I know that sometimes it might feel like people don't want you there sometimes...but they really do. I found out once I started coming to class that people really did want me there. Trust me, people do want you there. In my highschool a person killed themself and I didn't really know the person, but I felt terrible. Me including everyone else in the school was crying, and it shows that everyone really does care about you and wants you there.

Tryin

workingonit said:
Tryin said:

Thanks for your reply....and I know that sometimes it might feel like people don't want you there sometimes...but they really do. I found out once I started coming to class that people really did want me there. Trust me, people do want you there. In my highschool a person killed themself and I didn't really know the person, but I felt terrible. Me including everyone else in the school was crying, and it shows that everyone really does care about you and wants you there.

oh thanks. you're right.