The Voices - sort of funny, but scary, too.

snail

This is a weird thing that happens to me only when I am cleaning out the closet, putting things up in the storage area - anything that has to do with sorting, finding, etc.

I start to hear these voices in my head - they're not well defined, I know they're not real, but it sounds like a loud chorus of many people yelling or screaming or murmuring. It is accompanied by intense nervousness and the feeling of wanting to cry. I can usually accomplish my task by just telling myself I'm having some weird anxiety thing, but I know that if I keep it up for too long I will succumb somehow. I time such domestic chores so that they won't take more than a half hour at a time, and sometimes take some extra Clonazepam to fortify myself.

I remember hearing these voices at various times in my child/teen years but can't remember the situations. Now, it seems relegated to the cleaning of closets. Maybe something happened to me when I was little that had to do with closets. WEIRD!!!

thequietone

~snail,
I wonder if perhaps what you are experiencing is some kind of panic attack symptom? Are you at all claustrophobic? In my past experience of panic attacks, before one is about to happen, I might get this overwhelming feeling...a bunch of verbal thoughts in my head piling up at once. A swell of thoughts that come across sort of as murmuring, mostly incoherent. And an odd surreal sensation. Also, panic attacks and crying usually go hand in hand for me.. :) :oops: Of course, if you feel this is something different, then you must go with your instincts.