The Trinity concept - is it Pagan?

Juggalo

I had a non-productive discussion with somebody who PMed me on this forum about God. So I felt an urge to create a thread about this. Currently Im unable to make myself believe in God, although I want to.

But heres the deal. I've never accepted the idea of the Trinity, that Jesus is somehow God and the son of God. It sounds like polytheism to me, not monotheism. I think that Judaism and Islam are monotheistic, Christianity is not. If I ever became religious I'd definitely become a Jew or a Muslim. God does not need to incarnate a mortal version of himself to die on Earth for our sins. The whole idea is bizarre to me.

To me its more than obvious that when Emperor Constantine of the Eastern Roman empire made Christianity(which had been followed until that time by a small minority of Europeans who were persecuted for it) the official religion of Rome, he paganized it to make it more palatable to the pagan Europeans. They came up with the Trinity. The idea of Saints came along. And eventually the pre-Christian European celebrations of the Winter Solstice was designated as "Christmas", the birthday of Christ, so that the Pagan festival(which the people of Europe would not give up despite the official religion of Christianity) would become affiliated with the Church. Yet another example of Paganization of originally monotheistic, Judaic ideas to make them more palatable to the Europeans.

What do you guys think?