The Self-Help Co-Operative- please post comments & feedb

stardog

Hey all, I posted this on another thread but thought I'd give it it's own just to see if people are interested in the idea.

My proposed idea for the self-help co-operative, or sharing scheme goes like this:

Someone owns a (self-help/therapy) book, and if it has helped them then rather than let it gather dust in a room they can send it to another member of the community who reads it, follows it through then either sends it back to the original owner or to another member (not sure exactly how this would work yet...). If we could get a good circulation of books going around...people could be finding lots of fresh perspectives on how to help themselves, without requiring too much effort and without spending much money (just postage costs).

There's already something similar to this operating on BookHopper.co.uk, but this would be specific to self-help books.

What do y'all think? any ideas? ridiculous, laborious, a good idea, whatever pls reply or pm!! thx. :D

Jim_B

I think it is a great idea, just be careful about sending your real names and address to people over the net.

stardog

Hi Jim, yes for this reason I think there would have to be some exclusivity to it, if possible it could be linked with phobia/mental health forums like SPW/SAS, so you would need to be an active member of one of the forums before signing up.