The science of popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiaKaha

Banned
I was going to make this thread sometime ago, but I feared that I could not articulate what I wanted to say properly (something that I often worry about) however, it is a topic that I think about quite often because I think popularity is more in depth that it would first appear to be - and just wanted to get some thoughts on the matter.

Firstly, what makes a person popular?
Is it merely being likable? Or do you think that there are other forces at play that determines a persons popularity, for example status, attractiveness or how much value one brings to the group?

Do you also think, which I do - that popular people are merely popular because of the perception that others hold of them? and that people want to be associated with them because they already are already well known? If this is true - why is it true? Is a truly popular person judged on their own merits - or simply because everyone seemingly wants to know them....

I hope this makes sense - I am a bit crap at trying to get my point across, but if you have some ideas about popularity - and specifically what makes a person popular I would be interested in reading them...

coyote

is this going to be another one of those threads where you ask a question but don't give your own views until everyone else has posted theirs, then you post your criticism of everyone's opinion while pointing out how much better you are for having the "correct" viewpoint?

because those threads always seem to be really popular :thumbup:

KiaKaha

Banned
Or maybe you could just respond without making a presumption about the intention you big prick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.