The Promises Of God..

Mary

What God promises...

ETERNAL LIFE:

"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him, shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through him." John 3:16
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24:

THE HOLY SPIRIT:

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him. By this he meant the Holy Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to recieve." John 7:38
"All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them." Acts 2:4

JOY:

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28

PEACE:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14: 27

There are more but I have to go now cause I am hungry..lol. :wink: Oh and I won't be posting any new "religion" topics on here this is my last one..before I go. :wink: I won't HOG the boards, promise!

Mary said:
Oh and I won't be posting any new "religion" topics on here this is my last one..before I go. :wink: I won't HOG the boards, promise!

I'm not so sure I believe you..... :wink:

You know I'm teasing you hehe, these are lovely scriptures xx

Mary

Ehemm.. :wink: to continue..

GOD IS SLOW TO ANGER:

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145: 8

"For his anger lasts only a moment but his favor lasts a lifetime, weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

COMFORT:

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." Nahum 1:7

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:5

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Mary

Thanks itsnotjustme for the site, I will check it out when I have more time. :)

SALVATION:

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we have done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of the rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Saviour." Titus 3: 4-6

FINDING GOD:

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

Mary

LOVE:

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how WIDE and LONG and HIGH and DEEP is THE LOVE OF CHRIST, and to KNOW THIS LOVE that surpasses KNOWLEDGE--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

"The Lord appeared to us in the past saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with lovingkindness." Jeremiah 31:3

"He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

"I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul." Jeremiah 32:41

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2: 4-7

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1John 4:10

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." 1John 4:16

Mary

MERCY:

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!" Isaiah 30:18

"Know this: God has even forgotten some of your sin." Job 11:6

"As a Father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him." Psalm 103:13

ANSWERS TO PRAYER:

"If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you." John 15:7

"..My Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked in my name. Ask and you will recieve, and your joy will be complete." John 16:23, 24

"This is the assurance we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. And if we know He hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we have asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

"Ask and it will be given to you, Seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks recieves; he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8

"If you believe you will recieve whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

Mary

Hi cutefluffykitten! That is great that you are putting God first in your life! I am happy for you! :D I am going to be leaving the site soon, but I'm not sure exactly when yet, it is going to depend on a few things that I am not sure about yet..but mostly it is also due to my pregnancy. Once the baby comes, I won't have much time for quite a while to be on here and now I am not on here too much just occasionally because I am trying to exercise and take care of myself and also am just sleepy a lot and hungry alot too.. :lol: Which I hear is normal! :wink:
I will miss you and a lot of other people on here but you all will allways be in my thoughts and prayers! :( I feel wierd saying goodbye all the time and then not really leaving yet but I know I may not be able to post on here suddenly one day when I do have to go. So just in case I won't be able to say my goodbye's on that day. The thing is I may not be renewing my internet service once my current contract runs out and I am not sure when that will happen yet. I need to go check.. 8O and might not have internet access anymore..so that is why I'm not sure exactly when I will be going. But BIG HUGG and stay strong in the Lord! :) May God bless and help you all!

Mary

Thank you cutefluffykitten! Life brought us together as friends but Jesus brings us together as sister's..blood related! :wink:

COURAGE:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."Phillipians 4:13

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me, your rod and your staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Mary

PROTECTION:

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

"The Lord will keep you from all harm--He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and your going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7,8

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields them all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12

"But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33

Mary

God promises eternal Guidance and Help

"For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48:14

"My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."Psalm 73:26

"He will swallow up death forever. The sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces.." Isaiah 25:8

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the LOVE of God that is in Christ Jesus, our Lord." Romans 8:38,39