The personification of the weather (a brainstorm)

very_shy

Haven't posted a long time, but recently when doing long walks I have come across a huge brainstorming. It was about my own feeling about the parallels between the weather and the human behavior. I had to put this black in white :) I had to scratch where the mosquitoes bite me.

When opening a tourist catalogue we find the destinations sunny and bright, without mistakes, especially in the summer. As the sun heats the earth, there is no place for worries, no place for cry, and no place for thought. Everything needs to be perfect. It seems like the nice weather brings more people together. Everybody seems to smile, like the politicians on advertisements before elections. Plus, during the year there are certain periods of time, when you “must” be happy. One of them is coming in 3 weeks, the “happy” December. Hugs, kisses with familiar and unfamiliar people will follow like being on the conveyor belt. But after Christmas and New Year eve (in my case after 2 January) everything will go on like it used to be before, the social activities will decrease, and everyone's mood will switch into »normal«.

But at some time, the sun and heat stop. The landscape changes color. It can get also gloomy. Sometimes there are longer periods of rain.

2 days ago I went for a long walk along the beach. It was a bright cold sunny morning, almost no clouds. The beach was full of people walking and talking. Everyone seemed happy. This image was sure for a postcard.

Today I also went for a long walk at the same place. It was a foggy, gloomy day. Almost nobody was outside, everything abandoned. I went beside the sea, looking the foggy hills in the distance. I say hello to them, to the sea, to the empty beach on the opposite side. It seemed I was looking the other, hidden side of the nature, the nature/landscape nobody likes and is ashamed of. This was a kind of picture which would never be found in the touristic magazines. Yet, I didn't feel lonely.

What is true of both pictures is that both were constant in a defined point of time. At least it wasn't the case when a sudden hailstorm can interrupt the clear skies. 5-10 minutes of fear and then it stops. All we see are broken trees, flooded garages. The sun starts to shine again, like nothing happened… Like someone was pretending… But the damage still exists.

A lot of people judge other people only by surface. Some are more popular while the other are not. Some people have many phobias/anxieties and are often a subject of jokes. We, the SP/SA people are being contacted only when or if other people need us for some help, otherwise we are completely ignored.

Maybe we are oversensitive in some cases, but at least our picture is clear. Personally I want to be with people who will talk with me, hang with me even when carrying an umbrella. Or watching the grey colored sea in fog. On sunny day, even better. But- did I mention I tend not to prefer hailstorm ones?

reslo

i feel that for a lot of us with social anxiety & depression things may seem gloomy, and may have felt like that for years, but you never know when the sun is going to shine again~

sometimes it's nice to be alone in nature- helps to clear ones thoughts. i think sometimes we forget how amazing nature is- constantly changing, but the oceans and rocks and mountains have been here forever. Things wither away, die and grow back. i agree that it doesn't have to be picture perfect sunshine and clear skies to be beautiful/something to be appreciated.

i liked reading your post - are you a writer? it sounds nice to be able to walk along a beach in different weather.

very_shy

i liked reading your post - are you a writer? it sounds nice to be able to walk along a beach in different weather.

Thanks, well, not being a writer, but still love to write, perhaps more than talking. :) It was one of those moments when you feel you have something to tell the others.

reslo: exactly! Most people I know hate autumn or winter because they parallel it with cold, boring, gloomy.

But for what? And why? Personally these kind of grey days give me the strength to focus on myself... From my beach on bright clear days I can see Venice far away on the other coast. Venice is lets say, a goal and I focus for the future, for a (well not so distant) goal I want to achieve.
A foggy rainy day brings no Venice in sight. Yet, the goal is still present- in the mind. But now, the primarily focus is on the way, on the methods I will pursuade to achieve that goal. The future is not seen because you need to make something, it all depends about you. When you will be brave enough to achieve the goal, you will get the Venice in sight again. (sorry, it hit me again) ;)