The Most un-SP Person in the World

black_mamba

Lets talk about people we know/have met who are the total opposite of us.

-------

I met a man today who had no fears about pReTeNding to be lost in order to speak to me.

'Wheres the train station?'

'Take the left at the roundabout and follow it around. 5minutes max.'

'Oh erm, I think I'll take a bus ... which bus is it?'

'It's only a 5 minute walk.'

'So ... are you spanish?'

:x

Grr, well I thought maybe he was lost, or maybe he was lonely, or maybe hes shy (he couldn't look me in the eye the entire time). So I chatted a bit longer. The usual shit, where are you from? What do you do? Can you speak arabic? Are you a muslim? *yawn*

And then a couple walk past, both fairly young, dark skinned (possibly indian or pakistani) and the guy I was chatting to turned to the young man and said:

'What are doing?! You can't let that out of the house?! Thats just wrong?!' because his girlfriend was wearing a mini skirt and tight t shirt. What an asshole! My bus was approaching as this happened so I left him with 'What the fuck what that for!?' and jumped onboard. I wanted to stay longer and give him a grilling! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What. A. Knob.

:(

On a more positive note, my mother is the most un-SP person out there. She is really thick skinned and pretty unsensitive to physical pain and pressure or critisism. She's run a marathon, been a nurse during war time, been in tv audiences, been interviewed for tv in Iraq...shes crazy. I think also because of this she cannot comprehend the idea of social phobia. I haven't told her about it but I did once open up about depression. Her advice was ' aww don't be depressed, cheer up.'

The sentiment was there but, the understanding wasn't. :lol:

-----

So, good and bad examples there of non-sp people. Next!

Sue

i hate when people say "cheer up". when someone from the street comes up to you and says that.

im like, "piss off i want to be deppressed for today"

even if i didnt its not like i could snap out of it.

"cheer up love"
"oh thanks man i feel so much better now.......SHITHEAD!!!!" LOL
sometimes i find it good to mope
i dont think i like being happy all the time.

black_mamba

:lol:

Its always older men that say that to me. I don't understand that I mean; maybe they think all young women should be brandishing big toothy grins 24/7 and that we should cheer up for them? I don't know.

I was so bloody nervous about my motorbike lessons yesterday I felt ill - and some bloke at the centre said 'cheer up the weather'll clear up soon'.

:roll:

Do I look that shallow? Weather...*snigger*

Scottish_Player

black_mamba said:
Lets talk about people we know/have met who are the total opposite of us.

My brother is the total opposite of me and we where both brought up the same way, its strange how we turned out so diffrent. I envy him in some ways like for example the weekend comes and for me its just like 2 days away from work but for him its time to get dressed up and go enjoy himself and having it right there in front of me dosent help when i see what iam missing out on :roll:

kattness

student partys are horrible,everyones always falling over each other and chatty.
my old best friend was the loudest,sluttest,chattiness townie ever, she has 2 babys now at 17 :? , was pretty lame when i was with her, she leaks attention.

course i dont know her but....paris hilton......woah!

black_mamba

Scottish_Player said:
My brother is the total opposite of me and we where both brought up the same way, its strange how we turned out so diffrent.

Good point, I have the same situation with my siblings too. Proof positive that upbringing isn't the only contributor the social problems.

kattness said:
student partys are horrible,everyones always falling over each other and chatty.
my old best friend was the loudest,sluttest,chattiness townie ever, she has 2 babys now at 17 :? , was pretty lame when i was with her, she leaks attention.

:lol: My old school friends were uber sluts! Luckily I was never one to follow the crowd but still, it was so strange being friends with such a bunch of loudmouths. Finally now, they appreciate my abilities to listen rather than talk over them. A bit of maturity and you're old friends may become new ones again. :)

Carina33

It's the same way for me too. My brother is super loud, sometimes I just cannot stand being around him for so long because he is so loud and talks about every little thing that happens. He sounds like such an idiot.

A lot of my friends are the same way, though, not as much idiots. They are mostly all really loud. I always think it's funny that I am friends with them, and other people think it is funny too.

believesomething

Taking this one literally, I was wondering who the person really might be.

First I was thinking it's probably someone like Madonna or Robbie Williams or someone else out there & famous, but then I remembered that many celebs, etc, seem to tend to be quite reclusive when not in the spotlight. Anyways - I guess much of the public life of an actor / muso / etc is a performance anyways....

Then I was wondering if it's just some joe average out there, who goes out and does many things?

Final thought - I remembered the "hugging woman". I mean, if there's any one person who is not afraid of meeting people, being around people, and embracing people, it's got to be her. "Amma", a woman who can be seen here (http://www.amritapuri.org/amma/whois.php), has hugged over 24 million people. If that's not anti-SP (and in a good way, too), nothing is :)

BelieveSomething.

black_mamba

believesomething said:
Final thought - I remembered the "hugging woman". I mean, if there's any one person who is not afraid of meeting people, being around people, and embracing people, it's got to be her. "Amma", a woman who can be seen here (http://www.amritapuri.org/amma/whois.php), has hugged over 24 million people. If that's not anti-SP (and in a good way, too), nothing is :)

Wow, do you think she'll give me a hug? :D She sounds great! And a hug is certainly getting closer to someone than a performer would ever get to their audience. Unless we're talking groupies here. :twisted:

kattness

Through Her extraordinary acts of love and self-sacrifice, Amma has endeared Herself to millions. Tenderly caressing everyone who comes to Her, holding them close to Her heart in a loving embrace, Amma shares boundless love with all. Be they young or old, sick or healthy, rich or poor--everyone who comes to Her receives the same unconditional love.

to me that sounds more weird than nice :? though sounds like a good job.

(im a billy corgan,ex smashing pumpkin front man groupie :wink: )

believesomething

kattness said:
to me that sounds more weird than nice :? though sounds like a good job.

(im a billy corgan,ex smashing pumpkin front man groupie :wink: )

Kattness I do agree it does sounda kinda weird, but I guess for her it got less weird after the first million or so people :)

And you've confused me by adding the billy corgan reference - I mean - I've no problem with you saying it, I just don't get why you said it on its own there? Did I miss something or am I just slow? (feel free to answer by saying "both", lol)

BelieveSomething.

Angie_05

There is this elderly man who ushers at my church. One time I saw him at the grocery store and heard him telling everyone he passed "God bless you." He looked them directly in the eye. Of course he said it to me too and I just said, "Thanks, you too."

redlady

Me too with the unshy siblings - all of them are the loud, gregarious type - i guess i'm the recessive one. My sisters friend Amy though is the most unshy, unguarded person i have ever met in my life - she brings me to my knees. Her mother bought her this kettle which was white-she having a thing for black appliances went to exchange it - without the reciept mind you and managed to get the store to do this just by standing there and arguing and refusing to take no for an answer. She will do anything and talk to anyone she just blows me away. If i had just a little of her in me i think i'd be okay.

believesomething

kattness said:
no no it means ive hugged billy corgan :D :D and got his autograph, best day of my life!

I wonder if it was the best day of his life too? Could well have been, and I bet you didn't even give him your phone number so he could call you after the awesome hug! :lol:

BelieveSomething.

kattness

i melted when i met him, its really hard to find something to say to someone u admired for so long.

and ur damn right it was an awesome hug!

maggie

......my Mom is the most "un socially phobic" person i know....so i can't really figure out why i am the way i am :roll: ....she could have a long conversation with anyone...talk about anything..she is loud and pretty entertaining to listen to.....and i just sit there like a dork and can't spit words out.... :x