The more depressed I am, the less are my phobic symptoms (?)

If you are more depressed, you...

• ... are more socially anxious,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... are normally s. anxious,

• ... are less s. anxious,

• ... are social-anxiety-free.

• Total voters

Marvolo

Hi,

First, let me know if the topic subject is correctly written, I'm not sure. :wink:

So, I feel recently pretty depressed. It's quite unpleasant, but one thing appears in relation to it. My s. anxiety symptoms became less (as usually - although not always - when I'm having some depressive period), and I've even walked through some crowded streets or so without any visible anxiety symptoms. :!:

There was one moment, that I had some feeling of unreality, due to this complete lack of social phobia symptoms among many people. Is it normal in such a situation? :?:

It's kind of consolation for me, in this depressive period of mine, and I hope I'll some day have nether phobic nor depressive feelings in similar situations. And you, of course, as well. :)

Cheers to you! :wink:

nope1

For me, being depressed actually makes my SP worse! I become more isolated, don't want to talk to people, even my friend, I become more social conscious... it's not fun.

When I'm not depressed, I'm social conscious, but I take it as a challenge and If I talk to someone at whom, at the first impression, I don't want to, I feel good about myself.

So being depressed sucks for me and makes my symptoms worse!

Marvolo

Well, I suppose that I become more "depressively dumb" then, and it makes my anxiety feeling less strong. Only a thought. :idea: :?

Cheers

Marvolo

Hm. If the weather is not so good - even if it's cloudy, and it's summer, I get pretty depressed (more than usually). Then, my phobia either becomes bigger (but rarely) or gets lighter, as now.

I feel a bit unreal, I have recently even felt some sleepiness, being out of home! It's absolutely abnormal for me to feel so - out.

Maybe my depression got so big, that I get more numb? :?: