The media makes HH worse

cadmonkey

I was thinking, other than sweating buckets most of the time, i am a very fit and healthy person.....so why do i panic and worry so much about sweating? is it my problem or other peoples? The sweat mark on my t shirt does not bother me....so why do i want to crawl into a hole and die each time it happens?

The media and beauty magazines with big page spreads showing how terrible the tiny sweat mark under brad pitts arm is when he is out running or the anti perspirent adverts showing how terrible it is to have any hint of sweat just makes things worse :evil: . They have made it so socially unacceptable to sweat that i am constantly paranoid about it. It has got to the stage in our society that even in the gym, where you are meant to work up a sweat.....people are still embarassed about it and buy special clothing to hide it!

If people were more acceptng, and no-one cared about the fact that your hand was wet when they shaked it, or didnt care that you had a sweat mark under your armpit i think many of us would not go to the extents we do to hide the fact that we sweat lots.

I feel better now i have got that off my chest :p

darknight

I agree that's why I wish I went to a school w/ pple who have HH only. I o wouldn't feel so alone

xsophiexsocketx

I agree. I was looking through that HEAT magazine last week and they had a picture of Paris Hilton in the Shame page or something similiar. They had a tiny sweat patch circled on her dress.
It was stupid, you could hardly see it and then they commenting on how she should try some anti-perspirant.

Has anyone seen the new lynx advert?
I think it's a man who had sweating under the arms, so he becomes famous for putting something under them or something. I can't remember exactly.
I think it's quite offensive to severe axillary sweaters

coriander1992

I hear ya! :wink:
I was in P.E. the other day in school and we were doing netball, I played really well and was knackered and sweating buckets all down my face and armpits at the end of the game, and somebody went "eww, your sweating quite a lot" 8O DUH!!!!
they didn't mean it nastily, but since when did it become abnormal to sweat a lot after excercise!?!?!? :roll:
I went through a stage where i always tried to get out of PE because of fear of sweating a lot infront of people, but now i'm like stuff it, I like playing sports so I will, just means I have to wipe my face a lot after... :lol: :wink:

At the end of the day I don't pay any attention to the media because it's all fake. I don't care for models and 'celebrities' and this kind of society in general - they can all go to hell!

Go Pinker! :D :lol: