The list of the Brave's [things you achieved in the road to get better]

JonnyD

this topic is meant to help, i'm whish people to share their sucess here too!, the ideia of this topic is simple:

post a list of things you've done that improved your life, corajous stuff you did that you had to struggle to do, things you did that previously your problem wouldn't let you do... it may be in the last hour, day, week or year... let me start:

after my hiatus here i've achievend so much,

-I've became a teacher in a highschool, which took a lot of courage , i currently take care of high schoolers, i can deal with them alright, but i'm leaving the job because its affecting my "real career".

-I've been able to ask a question in a microphone, in front of a crowd of about 100 people.

-I've became a independent professional and i speak direct with my own clients.

-i've got my drivers licence

-i was finally able to go forward and as a girl on a date, whish went very well...

before that i wasnt able to speak with the cashier at the supermarked or eat at restaurants.

sucettes

- I went to a concert and even met some of the band members afterwards.

- I went to the UK by myself and met a very special person there for the first time irl.

- I got a boyfriend (and it was me who took the first step!!!)

- I went to a party for the first time last year, it went very well.

- I had no place to stay once and then this random guy offered me help. I'm glad that I managed to talk to him and stay cool without panicking. And I'm also glad that I've stayed in contact with him and that I meet him every now and then.

- I've managed to tell my boyfriend about the SA. And he's very understanding, thankfully. I'm very ashamed of the social phobia and he's the first one to know about it that's not close family. It feels like such a relief to have told him. Now he also knows why I sometimes act weird in social situations.

Well, that's some of the things I'm very proud of but there's also things I'm not proud of. I feel like such a coward because I have been ignoring so many things. I'm useless to do things where I live, I haven't been to the store in ages, I've ignored phone calls and ignored going out. I'm quite okay at other places where I don't know as many people, but here it's just sh*t. I now understand that I can't keep on hiding though, I actually have to take some steps forward here too and not only when I'm 'away'. But it's easier said than done. Who knows though, hopefully the list will be even longer next time. But yeah, it's hard........

Luka

I've achieved only one thing... that being:

I told my best friend, the only person I trust, that I had SA I felt a little relieved. I know this is only the first step and I'm going to try and get better =D

Sproggy

I finally got up on stage in front of an audience (first time). Was scared at first, but afterwards, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders :)