The lions of the social scene

MentalyBlind

Hey everyone!

I started this thread to help the people who are willing to listen and use what I tell them. keep in mind that some of the things i am going to say can hurt others but it can also GET YOU OUT of you shell and be a lot more social in a group of people or one-on-one situations that you find highly stressful and difficult to cope with. I will touch on topics like DATING, NEW FRIENDS, FAMILY, BUSINESS DEALING and STRESS CONTROL

Lets start with

STRESS CONTROL

Stress control is just little tricks and mind bending tactics that help you through a specific moment like take for example if someone is yelling at you and you feel this lump in your throat and you know your gonna cry, before the lump starts think of the yelling like the person is talking about someone else or the person yelling is actually happy and is congratulating you for something, and if that don't work pretend that he/she is speaking in a different language...and if they are don't worry about it cause you don't know what they are saying anyway!

now when your outside and there are loads of people around and you can't STAND being around others you have to believe that your invisible and absolutely no one can see you unless you want them too, This is just a trick for agoraphobics. I taught to others, it works with my sister and my aunt so it can work for you now they are outside a lot more and happy.

NEW FRIENDS

When making new friends you always be nice yea thats a given, do not insult others you want them to like you not hate you. bringing up a topic that they are excited about is one of the best ways to make new friends. like for example when i was getting over my fear of others I went to pick up some Ps3 games at the store and seen these film students talking about films they like, so i was all over that convo like white on rice, nothing is more easy to talk about than movies...the only trick in making new friends is find common ground and use it till it runs dry, then make plans with them to lock it down. then continue to do that till they trust you and they start calling on you to hang out. *note* everyone wants someone to connect to, we are social creatures in nature.

I'll continue this thread later on. but for now my new GF want to go dancing with me.

to be continued