The "If I only had ________, I wouldn't have social phobia" Thread

Anubis

I don't know if this is common, but I constantly find myself entrapped in a uttering this phrase. And the sad thing is what I want is definitely impossible (but somewhat imaginable in the near future), which makes me suffer even more, lol.

I was just wondering if you guys experience the same "wishes".

For me, I have immense difficulty formulating facial expressions that are appropriate for a certain occasion which often introduces tremendous doubt in my communication abilities. And I can never seem too alleviate these paralyzing doubts no matter how much "body language" movies and books I read. My unrealistic "wish" is for some kind of invention that allows one to view their face in real-time (WITHOUT A MIRROR), therefore eliminating ALL doubts about body language. They could perhaps be placed on glasses that project a beam on your face and constantly update you with details about your appearance.

Definitely do-able in the distant future, lol, but perhaps impossible at the moment. But that doesn't stop me from dreaming about it. I know it's not healthy though.

Do you guys have any similar wishes? Even ones that are reachable but perhaps extremely difficulty to pull off?

Lorraine Manca

if i only knew how to be a recluse and didnt HAVE to deal people, i wouldnt have social phobia
sorry! lame but true

if you have difficulty with facial expression, thats neurological, and you shouldnt feel bad about it at all. the people around you can deal with it, because thats the way your brain is built, you shouldnt have to override your hardware. screw em.