The Fear of Sitting Face to Face

LeeAnne

I hate personal closeness. I still am a little phobic about eating and drinking in public. Restaurant dates are chores for me.

I force myself to go out. I'm trying to change my routine a little to knock out the fear a little.

I had a panic attack, and developed severe GAD a little while back, and sometimes I just cannot get the fear out. If someone said, "let's meet for dinner" I would not want to go. I didn't go out for my own birthday as a result.

I skipped out on meeting with family.

It was painfully awkward to see my grandparents.

I have trouble with family and that's wrong. I guess it's because I expected the scrutiny and a million and one questions when I see them.

LeeAnne

Dates being my boyfriend... someone very familiar who I see all the time. I have been with him for 4 years.

I have a hard time with other stuff. I force myself out.

It's the discomfort though. I'm not comfortable in public spaces with my boyfriend. Hard to explain

LeeAnne

I left a restaurant my boyfriend tried to take me to a little while ago. I couldn't sit so close face to face with the other strangers in there. It was too much.

I used to work at a place where the computer desks were oppositely facing to each other and could see one of my workmates in the corner of my eye it would drive me up the wall