The 7 Best Deodorants for Excessive Sweating

woofytalk

When I first tried to combat my excessive sweating, I got nowhere. I'd walk into the local pharmacy and buy up every antiperspirant I could find off the rack only to be disappointed with my results days later. It was a painful cycle of trial and error and I remember, after the ninth or tenth brand of deodorant I tried, I started to think there was just no product out there that could solve my sweating.

Anyway, it took some time but I'm here to tell you that there ARE products out there that work. And after much exploration and testing, this article will show you the 7 best deodorants for excessive sweating, giving you fast and effective results.

After all my failures buying up the shelves at my local drugstore, I finally wised up and spoke candidly with my dermatologist about my excessive sweating woes. She told me I suffered from a fairly common condition called Hyperhidrosis. It caused me to sweat uncontrollably from the hands, armpits, face and feet no matter what temperature I was exposed to.

The reason the average store brand deodorants weren't being effective was because they didn't contain enough of the active sweat stopping ingredient, Aluminum Chloride.

This is pretty important for you to know...

Aluminum Chloride is the active ingredient which blocks your pores from sweating profusely.

Although there are numerous options for excessive sweating sufferers, the first one your should learn about is choosing the right deodorant.

Here I'll be giving you the 7 best deodorants for excessive sweating that packed just enough punch to get my perspiration under control. Bear in mind, most of them can be applied to your hands and feet as well as your armpits to minimize the sweating. I also mention specific facial sweating deodorants as well.

1. Certain Dri - This is the weakest of the 7 deodorants in the list. However, it is a crucial first step. You don't want to just grab the strongest antiperspirant off the shelf when you're starting out or you'll end up with irritated skin in no time. Certain Dri contains 12% Aluminum Chloride and is considered clinical strength. It's a great first step when escalating to a stronger solution.

2. Drysol - This prescription strength deodorant usually requires your Dermatologist's approval but there are online stores where you can get it without the inconvenient doctor's note requirement. Drysol contains a whopping 20% Aluminum Chloride and starts working after the first application. It's not like regular deodorant though. You only apply Drysol once a night before bedtime. During the day, you may not want to apply a regular deodorant as irritation can occur with such a powerful topical in place.

3. Deodorite - DeodoRite is a 100% safe and effective internal natural remedy for treating the underlying causes of body odor. The formula has been specially manufactured to improve the elimination of toxins from the body, promote healthy liver functioning and reduce excessive perspiration. It's not a regular topical like most deodorants. You take it orally and it goes to work (Again, safely) regulating the toxins out of your body and decreasing your overall sweating.

4. Maxim Facial Wipes - These are a facial sweating sufferer's best friend. Maxim wipes are convenient wipes that contain topical deodorant mild enough to apply to your face. Just wipe them all over your face and the astringent goes to work, blocking sweat pores and solving your problem fast. I loved the results using these things.

5. Secure Wipes - If Maxim wipes aren't doing the trick for you, then Secure Wipes are your best bet for facial sweating. They come in degrees of strength with their medicine ranging from 1% - 4%. There are two warnings though with Secure Wipes. First, if you choose too strong a formula, you will have redness, rash and irritation occur. Start with 2% if Maxim Wipes don't work for you and then scale up from there. Secondly, they are a bit more expensive than the Maxim Wipes but you get your money's worth. The results are tangible.

6. Driclor - This is a strong beast of a deodorant. Although it contains the same level of Aluminum Chloride as Drysol (20%), many people claim it dries them out where Drysol won't. Here's a very honest review. The itching, soreness, stinging and dry rash that I got were all terrible. You have to grit your teeth through the discomfort to get the results. That said, it definitely works!

7. Odaban - I saved one of my favorites for last. Odaban is less abrasive than Drysol and Driclor. Plus, you can apply it to your face in small doses. It's a topical that comes in spray for (Drysol and Driclor are roll-on topicals). Somehow, I found that is conditioned my body to stop sweating rather than shocking it into submission. You'll need to use it for a week to feel the optimal effects.

cm123

Also, Gillette Clinical Strength is nice. It is great quality and is great to use daily for added protection if you are already taking Glyco or using another product.

Gillette.com

g35

^^+1 on Gillette clinical strength. I pair that with Drysol (which i apply at night), i literally get no sweat at all during the day. I only have to apply Drysol once every 4-5 days, pretty neat product

bigchris

I use Anhydrol Forte which was prescribed by my doctor and I've never had any problems really, apart from a bit itchy.

cm123

Just wanted to add: Currently I am using Right Guard Professional Deodorant. It is cheaper than the Gillette Clinical Strength. It seems to be working well. I apply it at morning and night. I think using these types of deodorant is a good starting point for people with underarm sweating.

Sacrament

Yeah, good luck with that, considering one of the skin's functions is to eliminate toxins through sweat. If you didn't need to sweat, you wouldn't. These things exist for a reason.

Considering how sweating allows your body to control its own temperature, I doubt that taking the chance to urinate just a little bit more is going to solve the problem.

If you're a dog, though, you can help regulate your body temperature by panting. Are you a dog?

The problem with deodorants and antiperspirants is not only the aluminum, but how it works to reduce sweat and smelly odors.

Aluminum compounds or aluminum salts, such as aluminum oxide (Al2O3), are key ingredients in almost every antiperspirant. They are powerful astringents that close pores, stopping sweat and odor from escaping the body.

Antiperspirants may leave the outside of the body smelling fresh and clean – but inside, the toxins that would have escaped the body in the sweat have nowhere to go. For this reason, antiperspirants have been linked to problems with the sweat glands and lymph glands in and around the underarms.

Just look it up, though. It's pointless to argue with you.

ocean

Banned
Those roll ons are applied to particular parts of the body (mainly the underarms). About 95% of the skin will be left untreated.

woofytalk

Everyone has different forms of HH. Some plantar, palmar and some cranial and axillary.

Sounds like you're concerned with generalized HH.

For generalized HH, you'll need to use a combination of treatments. A simple deodorant won't be a cure-all.

cm123

Having never seen Sacrament post in the HH forum before, I am going to assume that he is not a suffer of HH. Therefore he would not understand the factors which press us to try anything from potentially harmful deodorant to having our nerves cut to cure what is rated as highest disruptor in quality of life.

While there have been a few scientific studies that have raised questions about the health effects of aluminum in deodorants, nothing has been 100% conclusive, if the deodorant is helping you with your HH, I would continue to use it with out a doubt.

T

trigger

Yeah, good luck with that, considering one of the skin's functions is to eliminate toxins through sweat. If you didn't need to sweat, you wouldn't. These things exist for a reason.

Rubbish. Utter Rubbish. Very little toxins is eliminated through sweating alone, thats why we were born with a LIVER and a set of KIDNEYS - to remove toxins from the body!

It took 30 seconds to google this, from a dermotologist:
You sweat, but toxins likely stay - Los Angeles Times
Sweat does contain trace amounts of toxins, says Dr. Dee Anna Glaser, a professor of dermatology at St. Louis University and founding member of the International Hyperhidrosis Society, a medical group dedicated to the study and treatment of heavy sweating.

But, Glaser, adds, in the big picture, sweat has only one function: Cooling you down when you overheat. "Sweating for the sake of sweating has no benefits," she says. "Sweating heavily is not going to release a lot of toxins."

In fact, Glaser says, heavy sweating can impair your body's natural detoxification system. As she explains, the liver and kidneys -- not the sweat glands -- are the organs we count on to filter toxins from our blood. If you don't drink enough water to compensate for a good sweat, dehydration could stress the kidneys and keep them from doing their job. "If you're not careful, heavy sweating can be a bad thing," she says.

Sweating definitely won't help clear the body of mercury or other metals, says Donald Smith, a professor of environmental toxicology at UC Santa Cruz, who studies treatments for metal poisoning. Almost all toxic metals in the body are excreted through urine or feces, he says. And less than 1% are lost through sweat. In other words, you'll do far more detoxifying in the bathroom than you ever could in a sauna.

Considering how sweating allows your body to control its own temperature, I doubt that taking the chance to urinate just a little bit more is going to solve the problem.
Just look it up, though. It's pointless to argue with you.

See above.

teandtoast

i find all these kind of deodrants the same
they all sting badly and make sleeping a nightmare and they dont work all that great anyway (i find)

dougy

I've heard of this and it does make sense to a certain extent, but if you only have HH affecting your hands and feet for example, and you use a topical solution such as Drysol/Driclor/Odaban and that stops the sweating on the hands and feet, why would the sweat compensate to other areas? Seeing as all the other areas are 'normal' for sweating, wouldn't the affected areas just stop sweating and that's it?

I think if you did get compensated sweating, you would be suffering from generalised HH and it's just intensifying the other areas. Obviously it makes sense if it's hot and you're doing physical exercise and because you won't sweat from the feet and hands it would sweat more from other areas to cool your body temperature down.

But I'm talking about in general. Haha, hope someone gets me. Just my thoughts.