That Special One!

FollowMe

Let's take a journey back to Elementary School...

Remember when you were younger and used to think "There are hidden qualities about me that no one knows. I have unlimited potential because I am special. If I really tried, I could do anything I want". Do you remember those days? Sometimes that thought will progress throughout your life until you come across a term known as solipsism, metaphysical solipsism in particular. If you believe in metaphysical solipsism then you think that you're the only person who truly exists and everyone else is just an extension of your mind. I'm sure you must have had that thought in your mind (a ridiculous notion by the way)... Back to Elementary School... Perhaps you considered yourself to be so special when you were in Elementary School that you thought that life would just kneel down at your feet and give you all of the answers and tools. Then one day you realized that life does not function in that way... You have to actively work on yourself and on your goals. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line you might have lost that Elementary School sense of specialness in yourself. The point of this thread is to tell you that you need to get that sense of specialness back and apply it... Don't bring it back to the point of metaphysical solipsism, but bring it back to where you find more self-worth. Disappointments in the past should NOT interfere with your future. The truth is your worth is tremendous, but you either don't know it or you're too afraid to show it...

Food for thought.

ImNotMyIllness

That time was magical. The world was full of wonder. Even though reality has kick my a**, I still have a curious personality. I love to explore all that life has to offer.

The frame of mind I miss the most about my early childhood was the belief that what people thought of me did not matter one little bit. :)

I miss that so much.