That feeling when...

goblin

Everyone else in class either has someone to talk to before, after, and during group work or is committed to their phone, and you're still awkwardly trying to connect.

Entangled

I hate that feel...
Back when I was in school I would make really,really small talk with someone near me with a safe subject. EX: something about class, current events that everyone knows/talks about. It was relatively successful

goblin

I hate that feel...
Back when I was in school I would make really,really small talk with someone near me with a safe subject. EX: something about class, current events that everyone knows/talks about. It was relatively successful

For making friendships? That's something I've tried, but most people seem to be making friends with those who have similar interests and personalities. As someone with atypical interests who's interested in the course material for its own sake rather than a future paycheck, it's been hard to move beyond the friendly acquaintances stage.

Odo

Banned
Everyone else in class either has someone to talk to before, after, and during group work or is committed to their phone, and you're still awkwardly trying to connect.

Hmmmm... I always gravitated towards the other awkward people.

alxbkr

I connected with 2 people. These girls that sit together all the time.
I made the mistake of flirting with one of them and asking her out. Got rejected.
I didn't make a big deal out of it I just assumed we could remain friends.
She found it awkward and kept avoiding me. The rest of the people in that class are to into their phones.
****ing technology lol