Thank you Marki and Bexi!!

Angie_05

Thank you guys for the information you provided for my women presentation.

I had to give a small speech in front of the class for this project. I have always had a public speaking phobia. Shaking, sweating, squirrly voice, etc. The weirdest thing is that this time, I didn't have any problems. I prepared myself for the presentation by telling myself I would probably experience anxiety symptoms, but I wouldn't let it get me down. I was just going to let the anxiety happen. But as I was walking up to the front of the room, I noticed I wasn't shaking. I opened my voice to speak and I sounded normal. It was great. I felt so confident after I finished. After that I started speaking up in class more and getting involved in discussions.

My SP isn't cured but the situation was a huge lesson to me. Thank you guys for helping me achieve this!

coolguy2005

Angie,

I am glad that your speech went well. This is what happens when you work at it! You prepared yourself.

I guess this is a lesson for all of us who want want to achieve social confidence: you must practice! It's always good to prepare for a situation beforehand. Just like you prepare yourself for a presentation, so can you prepare yourself for other things.

coolguy2005

Angie,

I am glad that your speech went well. This is what happens when you work at it! You prepared yourself.

I guess this is a lesson for all of us who want want to achieve social confidence: you must practice! It's always good to prepare for a situation beforehand. Just like you prepare yourself for a presentation, so can you prepare yourself for other things.

Angie_05

Thank you guys! I was so excited. That was huge for me. I called my bf right after and said, "Guess what? I gave a speech and I was normal for the first time in my whole life!"

This really shows that to get over your fears, you will have to do something that is sort of uncomfortable. They don't just go away when we are avoiding them. Also, you have to expect to feel uncomfortable and give yourself permission to not be perfect. I was expecting to start shaking and sweating, but I told myself that was okay. I would get over it.