Terribly depressed ...

endoflife

You know that feeling you get in your stomach after you've done something really bad at school, and a security guard walks into one of your classes, puts his hand on your shoulder and says "You are wanted at the deans office."?

Well, that is the feeling I have constantly now, among others. Also when I am alone now, I frequently start crying softly or almost crying ... for example as I'm typing this post.

I have been like that for a good part of my life but it has gotten worse just today, I fear permanently.

What started this?

Well, first a bit of background. See this thread I made:
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt13346.html

You must at least read my initial post in that thread to understand what I am going to say next.

Well ... not surprisingly, summer school came and went, right before my eyes. A song I can relate to, System of a Down - Atwa.

It would not be to hard for you to guess what happened at summer school -- nothing.

I became a bit closer with the girl and she liked me, I know it. Constantly scooting her chair closer to me, sitting in her chair "pointed" at me, "accidentally" brushing or remaining in constant contact with my arm while using the mouse ... dreamily staring at me. We talked more, but being the pathetic loser I am, I never mustered the strength to get her e-mail address, phone number or any contact info :cry:

Today was the last day of summer school, she asked if I had a facebook, which I don't ... so I said no. She was very surprised and almost didn't believe me, because I had been so friendly with her she would never guess what a loser, recluse and anti social (due to anxiety) person I was. We got let out of class early today because it was the last day, and the buses were not there because of that, so I asked her if I could use her cell phone to get a ride home... which she let me, but was again very surprised to learn I did not have a cell phone, and even asked "well how the heck do you communicate???". I joked it off and said I was telepathic. In reality, I don't, at all.

After I used it and said bye, that is it. I will never see her again.

But wait, it gets more pathetic, if you can believe it.

God must have taken pity on my situation and given me a second chance, which, of course, I also blew off the map. Let me explain.

In the class I was taking there was ANOTHER girl that liked me (and it just so happened, the only other really cute girl in the class). I now do not believe I am unattractive but it has done nothing for my self esteem or the way I am feeling.

Anyway, this girl was also on the same bus as me. She came up to my seat and asked to sit next to me (!!).

Of course I said yes and we talked on the way home, about lots of stuff, and she also happens to get off at my stop, and we walked together until we had to go different directions.

She was not always on my bus but this then continued when she was. And it even progressed to the point where when we were off the bus and walking home, at the point where we went separate directions, we stopped and talked a bit more.

I also blew this, got no contact info at all. Fortunately she goes to my high school, but then again, so do another ~1998 people as well.

Well in short, right now I am feeling like UTTER SHIT. Riptor I reach out for you.

I am holding back tears reading the other thread I posted -- back when I had a good chance.

well, i'm done here

DH

I'v blown opportunities with girls far too many times :(
Just blown one now on msn infact, I want to see her; Just can't

I got it together with a girl about a year back, I was just like fuck it, I'm gonna get her number and chat her up. And it worked I even got carried away, and accumulated so much confidence with the girl after 10 minutes.

I think if you're not comfortable with these kinds of social situations, you literaly have to think' fuck it, i'm gonna do it' and take action that second before you change your mind.
Worked for me....once

Needless to say, I am no longer with her.

endoflife

If I were to make an account on facebook and I found her account and sent a message or something would that be weird? :oops:

This_face

endoflife said:
If I were to make an account on facebook and I found her account and sent a message or something would that be weird? :oops:
Get on Facebook and make the account if you like her so much, seriously. I'm a girl about your age (I'm eighteen) and so I know what it's like(I think), I'm not a guy, but when it comes to guys I'm shy and I've even thought guys might have liked me, but either I was wrong, I misread their responses or I never got the chance to find out...so I know that the fear of it all can be horrible and yet exciting in a way. It's a chance and you just don't know...this could be your perfect chance to try again! It's so casual on Facebook because people add each other randomly like that often and all...so chances are she wouldn't be weirded out. You could remind her (if this is the Facebook girl not the bus girl you are talking about) how she asked you about Facebook so you thought you'd add her. If it's the bus girl add her anyway. You said you go to the same school, in a lot of people's minds that's good enough a reason to add someone on Facebook Just go from there. For me it's easier to talk to people online that it is in person, so maybe it is for you too. I want to know how it goes for you. Even if "nothing" comes from this, at least you'll have the experience of trying. Life isn't about the goals you score, it's about the times you raced down the ice to try to get the puck in the net. lol. Just add her on Facebook and go for it! Let us know what you decided. If you have any questions or need any support feel free to message me. If you want I might even add you on Facebook if you like, if that is of any help to you, I dunno. Good luck and have a fun time! Just think of how much fun this chance is and how much positive stuff is in it.

Dave_McFadden

endoflife said:
If I were to make an account on facebook and I found her account and sent a message or something would that be weird?

Yeah, it might be weird. No one cares. How long ago was this? She seems like she was into you, so she'd probably be happy to hear from you though.

milo001

hey,don't be that down.it's really bad that our SP makes our life hard.as guy it's harder because mostly guy will always takes initiative in relationships first but still you're lucky because at least you have talk to the both girls.i hope you'll meet the second girl again.you said she ride bus with you sometimes right.if you meet her again don't let this chance blow again.be brave and asked for her contact.we all in SP forum will always support you.wish you all the best.good luck.