Teen worrys

XGrlGamerX

Hi,
My name is Brittany, and I have always had little panic attacks, ever since the age of 6. When I was little I was always afraid of choking, so i would never eat. Panic attacks would come and go, and when I was 13 I was prescribed with panic disorder. I started taking zoloft and i had no side effects and about freshmen year I stopped taking it, thinking my disorder was fixed and I didnt have to take it again. This past weekend though, when I was eating, I had a panic attack in that I couldn't control my fingers, I started to worry that I had some sort of brain tumor or other illness that would not make me live a normal life. Since that night, I have been on my zoloft again, but it doesn't seem to be working as it did last time. I am always tired, not too exhausted, but enough as if i were to close my eyes i could drift off, I have no sexual desire, (even though i like to stay a virgin) it still sorta weird. I also feel somewhat apathetic. The source of my anxiety is not in dying suddenly, but in like having cancer or having a stroke or something. I am in constant fear that I won't be able to live my life because i have a disease. Is this normal, and is anyone else having these symptoms?! I am 17 years old, and just want to live normal.

i think maybe ur medications rn't right for this time. maybe u need sumthing heavier or lighter.
did u talk to ur docter yett?? maybe he/she will give u a different medication if u didnt already talk to them
and also try going to other docters and see wht they sayy
maybe tht will help.

Tryin

You are not alone with this and IT CAN BE FIXED. You'll just have to see a doctor.
Good luck to you.

I was the exact same way when I was a kid about food. I was so afraid of choking I just wouldn't eat. My mom thought I had an eating disorder.I eventually grew out of it but I still have anxiety (not panic) attacks. I don't think you're abnormal in any way because you sound a lot like me, unless we're both fucked up.. :wink:

XGrlGamerX

LOL, yea hopefully we're not fucked up. I am going to see a doctor on Tuesday and see what he says. I'm feeling a little better today, hopefully the meds are kicking in or maybe i am getting stronger with overcoming this again. Thanks for your comments, they make me feel a lot better :)