Talk on alcohol

thor01

Today in one of my classes a woman came in to give a a talk on alcohol. Which was pretty pointless for me or a start. But at the end of it, she went through things that mean it could have become a problem and you should see someone. She went through ones like only being able to enjoy going out when there's alcohol, and if you have lots of times where you cant remember what you did and so on, but then she said if you're drinking alone. And I thought well that would be me if I did drink. And I thought of all the people on here who say they drink alone. It just made me think about the fact that that would be a strange thing/sign of a problem to most people. And also that it shows lots of people probably drink because the people they are with are so they want to fit in haha. And someone called out something like "it means you don't have any friends" in a joking way, like that would be such a strange, rare thing to them. Made me feel a bit sad inside.

Last edited:

206Raider

I hardly drink and I won't drink alone I drank alone probably only 3 times ever and has a completely different effect on me than when I'm around people. when I'm around people I will usually get really drunk and have a fun time, I'm like all out or nothing at all, so I would get wasted and do stuff like keg stands and tellin people I'll break there record and stuff and I'm like the life of the party (I always throw up though) and wake up in unusual places like the bathroom or a closet or a sidewalk outside soemones house, but if I don't drink I'm quiet and talk to like 1 or 2 people and leave early. If I drink by myself I get really depressed that's why I won't do it.

FOR REAL

Banned
you make a good point 206raider, i dont understand why people drink if it makes themselves depressed and miserable!
i love drink though, it makes me happy :)

sullyS1985

For me alcohol is a temporary cure for depression and anxiety but in the morning it is twice as bad which is why i have slowed down my drinking. As for drinking alone being a sign of having a problem, i can see why the speaker said that, because it is like breaking an unspoken social norm and people that dont mind doing it may have problems. I have gotten drunk alone out of boredom and it really is no fun either.

lithium

Drinking is fun on occasion. Due to my addictive tendencies I try to refrain from doing it too often. That and being underage!