taking valium?

yoop

is it safe to take 20mg of valium (which is just right for me) then 2hours later, drink one can of beer ?

rado31

Why u would do that? U have been invited to drink wih friends?

Personally, i think that nothing would happen, but who knows.
Infact, nothing happened to me when mixing a slight less dosage with a liter of black wine. I was like more relaxed and remeber good the whole evening. But, i also heard that u/i can see God more likely when behaving like that. So, really dont know what to say. Can u drink one beer at home, instead of valium, just not to mix that 2 substances?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJ9w8KJdKY

tired

From my own experience, nothing BAD will happen. You may feel a little more elated or feel the drink more when mixing the 2. However this also depends on how long you have been taking valuim for - the longer you take it the less of an effect it will have when mixing the 2.
On a different note - my experience with being prescribed valuim has not been a good one, its considered a "pseudo-narcotic" and even thu I need it for anxiety all doctors just want to see me off of it. Personally I feel they just don't wanna take the personal responsibility for having prescribed it. What has your experience been??

yoop

well i have only been taking it when i need it. i felt wen i took 15m, i needed abit more. it has been working but doesnt totally take away my phobia.

Danfalc

Banned
yoop said:
is it safe to take 20mg of valium (which is just right for me) then 2hours later, drink one can of beer ?

I think you would pretty much be alright,tho valium and beer both act as like depresants and on the exactly same place in ya brain..so they will kinda magnify each others effects if ya get what im saying.20mg isnt that high of a dose so i think you would be alright just be carefull cos say you had a few drinks they would hit you like 4 times harder than normal.Pretty much as tired said.

konflikt82

If you are going to only have 1 beer why bother? just resist the temptation i used to be alcoholic and beer really helped with my SA but only temporarily....stay off the grog

Andist

Yes it is safe. Benzo's are being treated like barbs were 10 years ago but barbs were far more dangerous.
It's almost impossible to OD on benzo's, even if you drink on top.

Danfalc

Banned
Andist said:
Yes it is safe. Benzo's are being treated like barbs were 10 years ago but barbs were far more dangerous.
It's almost impossible to OD on benzo's, even if you drink on top.

Still is possible to put yaself in a coma tho,admittedly you would have to set out to do it on purpose..ie suicide.So is worth just being carefull.