Taking ACTs after highschool?

NightTimeForever

I've heard you can take the ACTs after high school. Because of certain anxiety issues I didn't complete the testing, so how would I go about doing this?

Emily_G

Yeah you can take it after high school. Not sure I have any advice about the anxiety, as I don't get anxious taking tests.

NightTimeForever

Sorry, I was unclear before, I'm just unsure of the process I would have to undertake in order to take the ACTs post-highschool.

Emily_G

Sorry, I was unclear before, I'm just unsure of the process I would have to undertake in order to take the ACTs post-highschool.

Oh ok. I'm not sure. I had to take the ACT once after high school because my scores weren't high enough to get into the education program, and then when I transfered schools I had to take an ACT-type test on the computer because the score on the ACT I took at the other school didn't transfer over, Lol...great fun. So yeah, I was told "you have to take this, sign up here". I'm not sure how you do it otherwise. Good luck :)

coyote

Thanks to both of you for your answers, and I apologize for being what must be seen as ignorant. ;)

Nothing to apologize for - it's great that you asked. Seriously!

If it was me, I'd just make some sorry excuse to avoid taking the test, never go to college, and flip burgers all my life instead of just asking anyone a simple question that I think would make me look stupid.

Good luck on the test!

NightTimeForever

Nothing to apologize for - it's great that you asked. Seriously!

If it was me, I'd just make some sorry excuse to avoid taking the test, never go to college, and flip burgers all my life instead of just asking anyone a simple question that I think would make me look stupid.

Good luck on the test!

Ha, thanks, I'll probably need all the luck I can get! I can't imagine me being in any way superlative (or even average) at test taking, especially on the monumental ACTs. I really need to buckle down and study in order to meet my goals, I guess.

Good luck to you as well, with whatever endeavors you are undertaking.

Anomaly

Ha, thanks, I'll probably need all the luck I can get! I can't imagine me being in any way superlative (or even average) at test taking, especially on the monumental ACTs. I really need to buckle down and study in order to meet my goals, I guess.

Good luck to you as well, with whatever endeavors you are undertaking.

Which school(s) are you aiming for? The way you look at the ACT would depend on them, along with your HS transcript, of course.