Taking a big step.

Manicsfan

Well sometime next week I am planning on going outside. It's been over a year since I went outside somewhere public. I have had agoraphobia for about 3 years now but it has got really severe over the last year to where I haven't been outside at all. I made a new years resolution to go out at least once a month (although I already broke that since I haven't been outside yet this year). So I am really gonna try and make an effort to go out somewhere, I hope I can do it.

Manicsfan

I did it!

Hey, just to let everyone know, I did it, I managed to go outside. It wasn't for long or very far but it was outside at least. I waited until it was dark and luckily it was quite cold and raining so there was no-one else out to freak me out.

I went with my mother because I don't think I could have done it on my own. I was quite panicky to start off with and felt very sick, but I calmed down after a few minutes and when all said and done it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I am going to try and go out at least once a month from now on if I can because I know if I put it off for too long again it could be another year before I can try again, like last time.[/code]

SilentOutlaw

Nice going. That is definately good for you. If you can do it once a month that would be great and mabey each time it will become easier. Then one day you might be able to do it even more frequently. Good luck and hope you are able to keep it up.

ghost_of_truffaut

Good for you, man. :D I also find i'm more secure going out at night, I walk the dog sometimes, but I only go near past my neighbour's house, luckily I don't have a big dog that requires long walks.

Has anyone else noticed how great fresh air smells when you've been in the house for a while ? It changes my mood instantly, when I open a window and the air rolls in.

babyblue

ghost_of_truffaut said:
Has anyone else noticed how great fresh air smells when you've been in the house for a while ? It changes my mood instantly, when I open a window and the air rolls in.

totally, since I can't always go out.. I lean out the window and breath and its amazing lol!

and hey im jade 18, new here, id class myself as agraphobic, i cant go out much its all pretty vanity related, i might get into that once i get a reply.

does anyone here have a really weird phobia?? im scared of deerheads.