switching from lexapro to celexa

SkyBlue

Ive been taking 10 mg of lexapro for the past 4 months but Ive had stomach problems so my doc recommend i switch to celexa... anyone here taken celexa? I don't want to take any med, and was only doing so b/c my parents wanted me to try(because it leaves me with no energy, and find myself sort of spaced out and trouble recollecting thoughts) but am afraid of the withdrawal symptoms... Any stories or experiences you've had with either med and withdrawals etc. would be greatly appreciated :) thx

Cecilia219

Hi Sky Blue!! Last year my doctor put me on Lexapro @ 10 mg and I went off of it abruptly (don't do that) and I had like little shocks going through my hands and feet every couple minutes. It's normal but annoying and it really freaked me out. No stomach problems or anything psychological though. I would just make sure to wean yourself off of it. Like take 5 mg for a while and then go off. Sometimes I still get the shocks randomly.

SkyBlue

Thx for sharing! Yeah I've been taking 5 mg now for about 4 days and I skipped yesterday and woke up with the biggest migraine ever, it was horrible... I'm ganna stick to 5 mg a day for a while but damn you rly can't even skip a day the withdrawals are horrid! :/