Swallowing pills

LittleMissScareAll

I won't swallow big pills, and I was just wondering if anybody else was the same way?
I can of course, swallow tiny ones, like the size of Clarinex or something, but if it's much bigger than that, I won't usually even attempt it. When I get any kind of medicine I always have to get liquids or something that you can crush, and some doctors have made fun of me for it. :oops: :x

black_mamba

I used to have the same problem, then I started pretending I didn't have any pills in my mouth when I did and just drank some water - it helped a lot, well it stopped me gagging anyway. :lol: (I have to stick them on the back of my tongue so there was little chance of them not going down my throat).

Do you think that would help?

8O

LittleMissScareAll

maybe...I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to do it though. 8O thanks for the response.
I say they should just make everything liquid and stop making pills. :p or just make them all tiny like clarinex and instead of taking 1 or 2 or whatever, you could just take 10-15 tiny ones. :lol:

outside_looking_in

How about in a spoonful of jam? Worked for me age 12, graduating from soluble junior disprin to the heavy stuff (paracetamol)!

Ever since I had morning sickness and was trying to take these 2cm long antenatal multivits I've gagged on everything. I usually make myself read a cereal packet or something while trying to swallow them :?

LittleMissScareAll

black_mamba said:
Or you could just grind them down and snort them? Naa that'd look a bit ... illegal. :lol:
haha!

outside_looking_in said:
How about in a spoonful of jam? Worked for me age 12, graduating from soluble junior disprin to the heavy stuff (paracetamol)!
Ever since I had morning sickness and was trying to take these 2cm long antenatal multivits I've gagged on everything. I usually make myself read a cereal packet or something while trying to swallow them
I've put some pills in yogurt, jello, pudding, and other similar soft/liquidy-foods, but I've always had trouble with the big ones, no matter what I try.

Angie_05

I have a definite phobia of swalling pills. I've done it when I was younger and I hated it. They didn't want to go down so I had to force them and it almost gave me a panic attack. What I usually do is crush them up and put them in a drink or a snack such as yogurt or pudding. Otherwise I'll buy the liquid children's medicine if I can. They work the same for me.

LittleMissScareAll

taws said:
not if you drink everything you disolved it in rather quickly, but the taste of the disovled pill isnt the best.
I'd rather have a gross taste in my mouth than to swallow a huge pill 8O I just always drink plenty afterward to get rid of the taste, and if that doesn't work I chew gum or something. Some medicines do leave a pretty bad/strong taste in your mouth when you crush them.

Angie_05 said:
I have a definite phobia of swalling pills. I've done it when I was younger and I hated it. They didn't want to go down so I had to force them and it almost gave me a panic attack. What I usually do is crush them up and put them in a drink or a snack such as yogurt or pudding. Otherwise I'll buy the liquid children's medicine if I can. They work the same for me.
I use some children's medicines too...I always take children's Tylenol.

Angie_05

[quote="LittleMissScareAll]

Angie_05 said:
I use some children's medicines too...I always take children's Tylenol.[/quote]

Children's tylenol and ibuprofin tastes good anyway. Comes in fruity flavors.