suspicious me

NormanBates

Just got back from a late night walk. I like to go out walking at the latest hours of the night/morning. Usually has to do with relieving a headache. On this particular evening I crossed paths with a stranger.

Our paths went in an X shape with me crossing his path.
Then he called me. "Hey homie" the way people always call when they're about to ask for something. He offered to buy some cigarettes from me if I had any. I said no I didn't have any.

He wanted to know what I was doing and where I was going and so on. Though when I was talking to him, I looked him top to bottom and noticed he had a very attractive face and appearance. He wore a green polo shirt and had a short muscular frame and a english-lettered tattoo on his hairy arm. It was obvious he wanted to chat and hang on, which sparked immediate paranoia in me.

Now if I was my brother, I would probably have a new best friend by now. Or I would feel relieved to have found a friendly guy on the street. My brother is the kind of guy to take pleasure in this.
I turned him away, waved him off as he was still talking to me.

I hate the likes of them. So many suspicions come to life when a good looking person is interested in me. What do they want?

After I parted with him and kept walking, I thought about how nice it was to not have anybody sticking to me. And how nice it was to have gotten out of that without having given up anything.

I thought about how awfully lonely running into strangers makes me feel. And how this encounter made me think of my dog dying for some reason.