Suicide

Cryptolysergick

Lately Ive given it so much serious thought that im scaring myself onw ays I could off myself, I wrote a list of people I would leave thinsg to, I have one firend so yea. Wrote a letter to mom and dad. I asked a friand of mine to stomp on my head this weekend but he woudlknt do it, it just seems there is no easy way out.

stu84

theres gotta be a better way of commiting suicide than getting someone to stomp on your head. itd probably just really hurt until you give in, and end up with a wierd shaped head.

in all seriousness though i would have thought that everyone has considered suicide at some point of their life, it might be just a phase or the accumulation of alot of negative things in your life. talk to your mate about it rather than asking them to jump on your head:p

Cryptolysergick

Thank you for the words! My friend is a nihilist, he would do it with pleasur ebut he doesnt wnat to go to jail yet. Anyways, I just came back from the kicthen and my dad was just sitting there, and didnt answer me when i spoke to him, i went into my room and imained jamming a fork into my temple, it was kidn of disturbing.

Yossarian

Ah the old suicide question. Maybe I was lucky because I was always quite arrogant and selfish. I always thought that if I could sort things out that there was too much good stuff in life to give up on. I always believed I could sort it out too. I dunno, you're a long time dead. If you're going to end it you may as well take all you can. Not in a killing spree sense but more in a hedonistic sense. Life can change suddenly. Maybe you might meet the person of your dreams and it can all swing around etc. I dunno, don't give up just yet. To me it's all about adaption. Finding a lifestyle you're happy with. Then trying to tackle all the crap when you have a little stability.

Hey I'm drunk, it's the weekend, I'm aloud to ramble, sorry lol.

Cryptolysergick

thoughtless said:
Suicide is the cowardly way out. You have to figure out the good things in you. Things why people should acknowledge you for, respect you and value you for. You won't move on if you don't fight your fears. As it's been said in this forum: Fear feeds on fear. If you fear living and having a social life (of course, one step at a time), you won't go places. Fight your fears by facing them and wanting those usual SP symptoms to happen, like blushing. If you want to blush like there's no freaking tomorrow (and you have to REALLY want it instead of faking it), it won't happen.

Do things you enjoy doing in a regular basis. Exercise, listen to music, take a walk at night after dinner and just chill out. As you said, you have one friend. Therefore, you should treasure his friendship and cherish the moments you have with him. Try meeting more people too. Just remember: Your case can't be the worst. There are always people in worse situations than yours and still they fight for their right to live. If you don't fight it's impossible to move on.

There are always support groups for people with these conditions. Either a psychologist or a psychiatrist (don't forget group therapy with people facing the same problem), there are always people there for you.

You said your father didn't pay attention. Well, perhaps if he knew what's going on in your life he'd understand and give you the attention you need. My folks only noticed how serious I was when I showed them my arm, which I had cut pretty bad with a box cutter. I'm not saying you should cut yourself, obviously, but you should talk to your parents and tell them how you really feel. How do you suppose they can help if they have no idea what's going on? They won't guess, and trust me, finding out how you were feeling after finding your dead body isn't gonna help.

Talking to the people that are closer to you is the first step. It's a big one, but even if it was a small step, at least it's progress! If I hadn't spoken to my parents about it I'd still be the same old depressive, blushing and absolutely social phobic guy. I still am dealing with my social phobia, but I'm fighting it the best way possible and I couldn't have done it without their (and the rest of my family's) full support.

Don't be a quitter. Life's too short to be ended sooner than predicted.

My god, you are right! Its been getting kind of better with teh help of richard pryor too! Thank you richard pryor;s veggied body and thank you Thoughtless!

ColdFury

All those suicide hotlines and stuff are crappy.

They all say things like things will get better, but things aren't going to get better for me.

Besides, I have trouble even talking to family members, let alone a stranger on the phone.

IcanDoIt

ColdFury said:
All those suicide hotlines and stuff are crappy.

They all say things like things will get better, but things aren't going to get better for me.

Besides, I have trouble even talking to family members, let alone a stranger on the phone.

its ok, i was like that too..

it is curable..

pitkreet

stu84 said:
theres gotta be a better way of commiting suicide than getting someone to stomp on your head. itd probably just really hurt until you give in, and end up with a wierd shaped head.

so true....try telling that to the guy they now call mr boot face

Neebo

Hi my name is Neil and I have just recently joined this site. I know exactly what your going through. I have suffered from severe Social phobia for Five years and it has completely taken over and fucked up my life. I have no friends. I am 18 years old but have no girlfriend and never had a relationship in my life :( I am virtually house bound,never really going out unless it is completely neccessary. I feel like a prisoner of my own mind. I like you, have contemplated ending it all many times but to tell you the truth I just havent had the guts to. At the moment I have nothing to live for and I don't see the point of carrying on at times. But what stops me from topping myself is the fear of not knowing what death is like and also imagining the upset and sadness I'd cause my family if I did go through with it :( Also even though I feel like its the end of the world at times, I live in hope that one day I will with help get over or at least be able to cope with my SA/SP :) So try and keep your chin up and stay strong,man 8)

Fighter86

Yeah, I do think like this sometimes as well. Actually, I did tried to attempt it once.

Well, wat can I say, I guess I am just getting through life the best I can now(by not hurting myself physically)...

bty, I thought that thoughtless gave some pretty gd advice :lol: