Sudormed 1200 iontophoresis machine

dezza

Hi all,

I've been looking at iontophoresis machine and came across one shipped from Germany priced at €299, which seems reasonable, called the Sudormed 1200.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using this machine? It has a 5 star rating on the company's website (whether they're real reviews or not is unclear), but a negative rating on Amazon from a user saying the instructions aren't clear, which wouldn't really bother me.

If anyone knows anything about the machine I'd love to know if it works or not!

I was also looking at this machine, as it offered pulsed and direct current for a reasonable price.

The reasons I decided not to buy it were: I could not find much if any information from other users so this slightly put me off and the one review I found was not positive
Iontophoresis Reviews

Also, as I have not used Iontophoresis before, I was wanting one with a money back guarantee incase it did not work, so I went with a Hidrex.

Last edited:

dezza

I was also looking at this machine, as it offered pulsed and direct current for a reasonable price.

The reasons I decided not to buy it were: I could much if any information from other users so this slightly put me off and the one review I found was not positive
Iontophoresis Reviews

Also as I have not used Iontophoresis before I wanting one with a money back guarantee incase it did not work, so I went with a Hidrex.

Thanks for your reply 8888, don't think I'll be getting this system either judging by that review. Even though it's cheaper it's an awful lot of money to spend on something that's of seemingly poor quality.

Does the pulsed current make a lot of difference with your treatment? I used to have an Idrostar which didn't really help a lot - but the machine they used when I had an ionto course of treatment at a local hospital helped a lot more - not sure if that was a PC one though.

Does the pulsed current make a lot of difference with your treatment?

I only have a Direct current Hidrex GS400 so I don't no. I only thought it was better to have Pulsed current if you have sensitive skin or if using it on underarms/face, then its suppose to be better as you can use a higher voltage without the pain.

I just use it on the hands and feet and use quite high voltage and I don't find it hurts unless you have a cut in skin in which case I cover it with Vaseline and it then it's pain free.

When I was looking at various retailers websites of Iontophoresis machines there was a bit of conflicting information, some saying to get pulsed machine as it will work better, then another one saying direct current at high voltage is the best treatment option and finally one saying mains operated were better than battery operated as you could use higher currents, however the Idrostar website says that's not true and most people find moderate power good enough. Who to believe?

dezza

That's true, there does seem to be a lot of conflicting info.... on a couple of sites it says that pulsed current is good for the hands, but direct isn't recommended - yet on other sites either's fine. Guess it depends on the individual. The pulsed machines do seem to be a lot more expensive too at over £500, which is a huge outlay for something that may or may not do a better job!

How are you finding the Hidrex anyway - is it working for you, and for how long have you had it?

Sprawling

My Ultra G Digital High Voltage Pulsed Galvanic Stimulator works quite well. It does everything that is needed for ionto treatment. You won't find any reviews on this particular machine because it's not marketed for exclusive use for HH. Basically, all ionto machines are galvanic stimulators. The markup on most of the name brand machines are extremely high. I've been doing ionto since 2005 and am completely satisfied with what I'm using. Besides, I only paid $140 for my unit.

The benefit of using a pulsed unit is that ones treatment can be pain free. After years of using the Fischer unit with DC non-pulsed unit it's a pleasure now being able to do treatments and not have any pain. I no longer dread doing a treatment.

dezza

My Ultra G Digital High Voltage Pulsed Galvanic Stimulator works quite well. It does everything that is needed for ionto treatment. You won't find any reviews on this particular machine because it's not marketed for exclusive use for HH. Basically, all ionto machines are galvanic stimulators. The markup on most of the name brand machines are extremely high. I've been doing ionto since 2005 and am completely satisfied with what I'm using. Besides, I only paid $140 for my unit.

The benefit of using a pulsed unit is that ones treatment can be pain free. After years of using the Fischer unit with DC non-pulsed unit it's a pleasure now being able to do treatments and not have any pain. I no longer dread doing a treatment.

Thanks for replying - glad to hear it still works, and so much cheaper than the mainstream brands too.

Is the setup similar too - for example my old Idrostar came with the metal plates, plastic covers and the wires so it was all ready to use - is it the same with your galvanic unit?

Sprawling

It dosen't come with standard trays and stuff. I had to fit it with aligator clips and make my own trays. It was well worth doing.

dezza

Oh ok that's fine - so basically that's all you had to purchase separately to get it to work then?

How are you finding the Hidrex anyway - is it working for you, and for how long have you had it?

I am having quite good results, I have had it 12 days and have done 10, 15 minute sessions for Hands and feet this gave me 95% improvement on hands, the feet I may need to go higher volatge or longer time as they are about 75% improved. I missed a day out to see if it had stopped the sweating properly and it did so I will continue to do a treatment then miss 3 days and so on to hopefully having to do it only once per week.

Most would be happy with the results and whilst I am, as I suffer from generalised HH, so it has only made a slight difference to my quality of life. For instance armpit/back sweating is very uncomfortable and really drains me as so much sweat is produced and then facial sweating is very embarassing, at least Foot sweating I could just hide my feet in shoes and change socks a few times a day.

dezza

Well it's good that it's working for your hands and feet, in quite a short space of time - it's a pity it can't do anything for generalised HH though - although I guess no ionto machine can... as yet, anyway. Is it capable of doing all four extremities at the same time, or can it only do both hands/both feet/or a hand and foot at once?

Yes, I believe you can do hands and feet at the same time, however you would need to purchase a Duo Treatment Set consisting of: splitter cables, extra aluminium electrode plates and separate trays.

I just do hands first, then feet, whilst watching Youtube videos so I'm not sat bored.

Last edited:

dezza

Ah ok then fair enough, if it works then I don't mind spending the extra time doing them separately, rather than spending more money.