Success with the "Zen" technique

coolguy2005

I went out to the store and applied a zen technique. I believe it helped me.

Basically, the concept is as follows: you view everything from a 'beginner' perspective. You discard all of your your knowledge and feelings about a situation and treat as it is the first time you are facing it.

For example, today I went to the store and got nervous about being around people. I did a 'flash' in my head. I discarded all prevous knowledge of the situation. There was no negativity attached to the situation any more. It felt great.

Has anyone else tried this 'flash back' technique?

Hurricane

that sounds interesting, where have u found this information? cause I don't know if I understand it 100%

black_mamba

coolguy2005 said:
I went out to the store and applied a zen technique. I believe it helped me.

Basically, the concept is as follows: you view everything from a 'beginner' perspective. You discard all of your your knowledge and feelings about a situation and treat as it is the first time you are facing it.

For example, today I went to the store and got nervous about being around people. I did a 'flash' in my head. I discarded all prevous knowledge of the situation. There was no negativity attached to the situation any more. It felt great.

Has anyone else tried this 'flash back' technique?

Zis is sounding very useful. I vil apply it today vilst out and about and report back. :)

SPECTACULAR

coolguy2005 said:
Do you have a special button you press and you just discard your previous knowledge from your head?
cus i looked all over my body, i juts couldn't find one!

coolguy2005

Hi Spectacular,

there is a button that will do the work for you and that button is called imagination. It's very easy if you think about it. All you have to do is turn off your brain. If that seems hard, think of how hard it is to feel all the complex thoughts you feel. Isn't it just easier to turn it off. I think you will agree with me on this one.

For example, you want to talk to somebody that was mean to you in the past. Now, before and during the time that you talk to this person you'll experience feelings of uneasness because of the knowledge that you have acquired about that person; that person is mean. But think of how useless that knowledge is? Isn't it just better to forget it all? I mean, your body will thank you. Why waste your worries and fears on a mean person. What you do then is press the 'button', your imagination. Forget that person is mean. In fact, forget everything about the person. Imagine this is the first time you are meeting this person; you won't know anything about the person and this will be great!

Do that for everything that bothers you. I think the best thing to do is to stop over analyzing situations. Us social phobics over analyze a lot. When you keep things simple, things become simple, know what i'm saying? Keep a simple mind.

Now that you are keeping a 'beginner mind', focus on your desires; focus on what you want!

What you're doing effectively is taking out negative thoughts and filling them in with positive thoughts.

coolguy2005

Hi Spectacular,

there is a button that will do the work for you and that button is called imagination. It's very easy if you think about it. All you have to do is turn off your brain. If that seems hard, think of how hard it is to feel all the complex thoughts you feel. Isn't it just easier to turn it off. I think you will agree with me on this one.

For example, you want to talk to somebody that was mean to you in the past. Now, before and during the time that you talk to this person you'll experience feelings of uneasness because of the knowledge that you have acquired about that person; that person is mean. But think of how useless that knowledge is? Isn't it just better to forget it all? I mean, your body will thank you. Why waste your worries and fears on a mean person. What you do then is press the 'button', your imagination. Forget that person is mean. In fact, forget everything about the person. Imagine this is the first time you are meeting this person; you won't know anything about the person and this will be great!

Do that for everything that bothers you. I think the best thing to do is to stop over analyzing situations. Us social phobics over analyze a lot. When you keep things simple, things become simple, know what i'm saying? Keep a simple mind.

Now that you are keeping a 'beginner mind', focus on your desires; focus on what you want!

What you're doing effectively is taking out negative thoughts and filling them in with positive thoughts.

Lost_Nomad

I thinkthe button its in the nose so all you have to do is reach in with your finger and press it. :lol: :lol: ok ok no more jokes i'll stop promise :D just stoping for a moment and just listening helps me. you can easly stop thinking its just a matter of focus thats the problem, keeping it quiet in there is hard. I cant forget things .

coolguy2005

Lost_Nomad said:
I thinkthe button its in the nose so all you have to do is reach in with your finger and press it. :lol: :lol: ok ok no more jokes i'll stop promise :D just stoping for a moment and just listening helps me. you can easly stop thinking its just a matter of focus thats the problem, keeping it quiet in there is hard. I cant forget things .