Studying at Uni with SA

Richey

I blitzed through the first year but the second year of my course is just a non-stop pile of reports and projects and admittedly im failing a few subjects at the moment, i think ive done well to make it this far into the course and the class has been warned that the second half of the year will require non-stop 18 hours a day commitment if we want to even consider passing at all, and we only have ten people left out of twenty seven students that started last year, my SA affects my concentration so it takes so long for me to get work done, are Uni courses that essential to peoples future? I dont think it has to be, im just confused about everything lately

Si_mon

hey what course r u doin Richie?

Im also at uni and can kinda relate to what u r saying

I find that I have difficulty concentrating and have to re-read my research for my music technology course like ten times b4 i get it. This means that I am also struggling through my 2nd year and only expect to scrape thru it.

But with perseverance i reckon I can get thru this and so could you.

Just keep goin and hopefully u can pass ur remaining modules and re-sits.

Richey

Hey Si_mon im studying computer science/web lab and this second year is like climbing mount everest! in that its more suited to a student who was aware or had experiance in everything(the critirea) before the course even started, so many people have already left this course but im feeling like ill be next, it feels like survival of the fittest and if i fail the course my Dad will throw me out of the house which could happen soon so im on edge at the moment and find it hard to concentrate because everything is uncertain,

Scyth at least you'll have the advantage of knowing most of the work that needs to be done if your repeating so that will make it easier for you to pass the first year again, dont feel down about it plus im certain i may have to repeat this second year unless i go at super speeds to catch up...

scatmantom

hey all u youngens, im on my placement year at the moment (3rd year Im working in industry) and yes the jump up from 1st to 2nd year is tough, but I found it easier to get motivated. On my course (computing) I found in the 1st year i had to do loads of shit core modules, but now i pick the 1s i want to do so i avoided all JAVA. Im terrified about next year, Im sure ill have serious anxiety issues but I need to say fuck it and just knuckle down. I can do all the worryin i want after i graduate cos at least 15k wont be at stake (thats how much debt university will put me in )

Best of luck and i strongly recommend you try as hard as you can to stick at it!